FAQ  •  Login

The Occupy Movements

<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:52 am

The Occupy Movements

Having fun yet guys?

But seriously how do you guys feel about all this?
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

Riovas

Honored One

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The Occupy Movements

I still dont fully understand what they are protesting against. Do they want the wealthy to pay for the poor (this is kinda what ive been told)? If so, why should I, who worked my ass through high school and college to have the comfortable life I have and have a future of promotions up the corporate ladder while you just sit around your parents house with no life and no job and no responsibilities, bitching and moaning how it isn't fair if you don't give it all you got?

I feel like people today don't understand responsibility. They just want someone else to take care of them. They feel privelged somehow that they shouldnt work to lead the life of us hard workers. Also, piss of corporate leaders and see what happens. Say goodbye to more jobs and more taxes due to companies being handled overseas
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:26 am

I think the main problem of these protests is that there is no clear goal or aim present. It's all good to go around shouting "we are the 99%" and "End corporate greed" but what does that mean? I went down to occupy Sydney (yeah, it's happened here too) to have a look and there were about 200 people who stayed for 2 days from what I hear.
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

dumbalias

Fresh Off The Boat

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:19 am

I'm pretty sure that lots of it's about (in America anyways) that the rich don't have to pay the same amount of taxes as the lower and middle class do. It makes me mad that the cops are getting away with pepper spraying innocent people. You're allowed to protest, it comes along with freedom of speech. You shouldn't be pepper sprayed for exercising your rights.

Also, the US government classified pepper spray as a vegetable. (or so I've heard.)

Return to Debate