FAQ  •  Login

Favorite Quotes

<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:51 am

Favorite Quotes

What are your favorite quotes from anything? Movies, TV, video games, real life, anything.

"Technically speaking, hot as balls. - Joseph DeLage, Marble Hornets GMX Q/A

"Jesus christ, I am sick of you asking that question. They're just standing there - talking. That's all they EVER do is stand there and talk. That's what they were doing last week, that's what they were doing five minutes ago. So when you ask me - five minutes from now, 'what are they doing', my answer's going to be - they're still just talking and they're still just standing there."
"...Well what are they talking about?"
"You know...I fucking hate you."
- Leonard Church and Lavernius Tucker, Red vs Blue Episode 1

"Things look different without the Prophets' lies clouding my vision." Rtas 'Vadum (Half-Jaw), Halo 3
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:58 am

Re: Favorite Quotes

Must resist urge to flood with Watchmen quotes.....
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:54 am

"Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago." -Adrian Veidt, Watchmen

"I suppose I'd have had to catch the bullet, wouldn't I?" -Adrian Veidt, Watchmen

"What in life, does not deserve celebrating?" -Adrian Veidt, Watchmen

"Y'know, this must be how ordinary people feel. This must be how ordinary people feel around us." -Dan Dreiburg, Watchmen

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense." -Edward Blake, Watchmen

"I mean, what's so funny? What's so goddamned funny?" -Edward Blake, Watchmen

"Yeah. Yeah, that's right. Pregnant woman. Gunned her down. Bang. And y'know what? You watched me. You coulda changed the gun into steam or the bullets into mercury or the bottle into god damn snowflakes! You coulda teleported either of us to goddamn Australia...but you didn't lift a finger! You don't really give a damn about human beings. I've watched you. You never cared about what's her name, Janey Slater, even before you ditched her. Soon you won't be interested in Sally Jupiter's little girl, either. You're driftin' outta touch, Doc. You're turnin' into a flake. God help us all." -Edward Blake, Watchmen

"A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?" -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"They call me Dr. Manhattan. They explain the name has been chosen for the ominous associations it will raise in America's enemies. The marketing boys say I need a logo. If I'm to have a symbol it shall be one I respect." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"They claim their labours are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated with horrors. Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be…..too late." - Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"Everything is preordained. Even my responses." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"I'm disappointed in you, Adrian. I'm very disappointed. Reassembling myself was the first trick I learned. It didn't kill Osterman. Did you really think it would kill me? I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast, they could hardly be said to have occurred at all. But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"I am two-hundred and twenty-seven million kilometers from the sun. It's light is already ten minutes old. It will not reach Pluto for another two hours. Two hours into my future, I observe meteorites from a glass balcony, thinking about my father. Twelve seconds, into my past, I open my fingers. The photograph is falling. I am watching the stars. Halley's Comet tumbles through the solar system on it's great, seventy-six year ellipse. My father admired the sky for it's precision. He repaired watches. It's 1945, I sit in a Brooklyn kitchen, fascinated by an arrangement of cogs on black velvet. I am sixteen years old. It is 1985. I am on Mars. I am fifty-six years old. The photograph lies at my feet; falls from my fingers, is in my hand. I am watching the stars, admiring their complex trajectories through space and time. I am trying to give a name to the force that set them in motion." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing. And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive; meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermodynamic miracle." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"Yes. Anybody in the world... But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... I forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away. Come... dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home." -Doctor Manhattan, Watchmen

"On Friday night, a comedian died in New York. Somebody knows why. Out there, somebody knows." -Rorschach, Watchmen

"This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face." -Rorschach, Watchmen

"Soon there will be war. Millions will burn. Millions will perish in sickness and misery. Why does one death matter against so many? Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this. But there are so many deserving of retribution ... and there is so little time." -Rorschach, Watchmen

"Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach. Does that answer your questions, Doctor?" -Rorschach, Watchmen

"[The Comedian] saw the true face of the 20th century and chose to become a reflection, a parody of it. No one else saw the joke, that's why he was lonely. Heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains. Fade to black." -Rorschach, Watchmen

"Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father or President Truman. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say." -Rorschach, Watchmen

"Adrian Veidt: I did the right thing, didn't I? It all worked out in the end.
Dr. Manhattan: 'In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing [b]ever
ends." [/b] -Watchmen

"I never said, "The superman exists, and he's American." What I said was,"God exists, and he's American."" -Watchmen
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 am

Oh dear. Give me a minute while I dig around for quotes.

For now, the only notable bit of english Rammstein ever said:
"I fucked the keyboardist, the keyboard was too cold and lifeless." - Till Lindemann
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

Riovas

Honored One

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 pm

The blew up the Hitler building! (MST3K)
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

Restoring the greatest country in the world to its former glory, well, ... Well, that takes time, even for the Enclave.
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

N7oler101MC

Dino Warrior

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 pm

"Right now the Blues are going to come over that hill, guns blazing, yelling CHARGE!!"

*explosion* "RETREAT!!"
- Pvt First Class Dick Simmons & Pvt Leonard Church

"It's said war, war never changes. Men do through the roads they walk. And this road has reached it's end."- Ulysses

"Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman, rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until- Well... let's just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mister Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes."- "G-man"

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted"- Hassan-i Sabbah

"The thing you need to understand is this. The Sam Fisher you knew is dead. America killed him, asked him to make one sacrifice too many, cross one line too far. A drunk driver killed him, some anonymous asshole who ran down his daughter and vanished. She was the one thing in his life that humanized him. And his agency killed him. It set him up and turned him loose, and told him to pull the trigger on his best friend in a dirty New York City basement. Irving Lambert died by Sam's hand that day, and so did Sam. So he left. Left Third Echelon, left the life he knew. Left America and mom and apple pie, left it all behind. He hopped off the grid and went walkabout, looking for a reason to go on living. Eventually he found it, caught a whisper in the wind that maybe his daughter's death hadn't been an accident. He heard a name and he found somewhere to go looking, a city called Valetta. It's in Malta."-Victor Coste

"Perhaps we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."- GLaDoS

"It didn't take long for Reach to fall. Our enemy was ruthless, efficient. But they weren't nearly fast enough, for you had already pasted the torch. And because of you we found Halo unlocked it's secrets, shattered our enemy's resolve. Our victory, your victory, was so close I wish you could have lived to see it. But you belonged to Reach your body, your armor, all burned and turned to glass. Everything. Except your courage, that you gave to us. And with it we can rebuild."-Catherine Halsey

"My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer."-Alan Wake (duh)
The Slenderman, Or To The Ark and Back Again
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:44 pm

"This sounds bad, but I have to READ THIS FIRST!" - Tim Sutton, Amnesia LP

"I can't forgive you, what your kind did to mine. But I will say thank you, for sticking by him until the end. ...Hard to believe he's dead."
"Were it so easy..."
- Lord Hood and The Arbiter, Halo 3

"He said I left my home where the dead never rose, but the streets of gold I've yet to find. And at the end of the day, all you can do is pray. Without hope, you might as well be blind. Tomorrow comes a day too soon." - Tomorrow Comes A Day Too Soon, Flogging Molly

"We can't always fight nature, John. We can't fight change. We can't fight gravity. We CAN'T FIGHT NOTHING. My whole life...all I ever did was fight. But I can't give up neither. I can't fight my own nature. That's the paradox, John. You see? ---- When I'm gone, they'll just find another monster. They have to, because they have to justify their wages." - Dutch Van Der Linde, Red Dead Redemption
<<

Nickjackal

Honored One

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:54 am

Doctor Who quotes:

[while watching the Teletubbies]
The Master: Have you seen these things? This planet is amazing! Televisions in their stomachs, now that's evolution.

The Master: So, Earthlings. Basically... um... end of the world. HERE - COME - THE - DRUMS!

Not Doctor Who quote:

Batman: Time for bed.
Tim Drake: All right, but a deal's a deal!
Batman: No way.
Tim Drake: You promised!
Batman: Rrrrg. [singing] Jiiiiig-uh-leeeee-puff, Jiiiiig-uh-leeeee... All right, good night.
Tim Drake: The whole thing!
Batman: Hmmmph. [singing] Jiiiiig-uh-leeeee-puff, Jiiiiig-uh-leeeee...

Will post more later.
<<

N7oler101MC

Dino Warrior

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:40 pm

"Human?"
"Yes. Is that optional?"
"Well it is with me."
- The Doctor & Donna
The Slenderman, Or To The Ark and Back Again
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Dalek Thay: Identify yourselves.
Cyberman: You will identify first.
Dalek Thay: State your identity!
Cyberman: You will identify first.
Dalek Thay: Identify!
Mickey: [muttering] It's like Stephen Hawking meets the speaking clock.

Cyberman: Our species are similar, though your design is inelegant.
Dalek Thay: Daleks have no concept of elegance!
Cyberman: This is obvious. But consider, our technologies are compatible. Cybermen plus Daleks; together, we could upgrade the universe.
Dalek Thay: You propose an alliance?
Cyberman: This is correct.
Dalek Thay: Request denied!
Cyberman: Hostile elements will be deleted.

[The Cybermen shoot at the Dalek, but it does nothing except provoke him.]

Dalek Thay: Exterminate! [exterminates both Cybermen]
Cyber Leader: [to another Cybermen] Open visual link!

[the Cyber Leader appears on a screen in front of the other three Daleks]

Cyber Leader: Daleks, be warned. You have declared war upon the Cybermen.
Dalek Sec: This is not war. This is pest control!
Cyber Leader: We have five million Cybermen. How many are you?
Dalek Sec: Four.
Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?
Dalek Sec: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek! You are superior in only one respect.
Cyber Leader: What is that?
Dalek Sec: You are better at dying.

Dalek Jast: [recognizing the Doctor] This male registers as enemy.
Dalek Sec: The female's heartbeat has increased!
Mickey: Yeah, tell me about it.
Dalek Sec: [to Rose] Identify him!
Rose: [confidently] All right then. You really want to know? That's the Doctor.

[The Daleks recoil at the mention of the Doctor.]

Rose:Five million Cybermen: Easy. One Doctor? [grins] Now you're scared.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:40 pm

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." - Eliza Cassan, Deus Ex: Human Revolution
<<

Tao

Occasional Poster

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:17 pm

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle." - Bruce Willis from "The Fifth Element"
Tao - the voice of reason and the dispenser of sage wisdom
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:50 am

"Affirmative!" -K9 Doctor Who
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:52 pm

"My god! They're replicating!"
"Yes, and it's making more of it's self too"
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:56 pm

"Ugh! So... tacky.... I... can't... look at it straight!" - Sasha Nein

"So is this where I get another lecture about the importance of self-control?"
"No. Take the badge. Let us never speak of this again."

"I told you not to follow. NOW. YOU. MUST. DIE!"
"But-"
"THAT IS THE WAY OF THE RAINBOW SQUIRTS!"

"I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious."
"Boyd? Are you okay?"
"Time for the final delivery to this address."
"Hey. Is that milk regular kind? Or the exploding dream kind?"
"It's fortified with what the world wants. What the world deserves."
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

McWeird007

lodsofeposts

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:51 pm

"GRAPEFRUITS ARE BULLSHIT!!"
"YOU'RE BULLSHIT!!"
"I'm actually shitting" -Edward Young, 2015
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:13 am

"It is an undeniable, and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction every alternative is preferable." - Leonard Church (The Director), Red vs Blue: Reconstruction

"See, that's the kind of shit that got us an M rating." - The Terror Mask, Splatterhouse (2010)

"Hey. Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis." - City Guard, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"I know you stole that tape from me. The one with Brian on it? And I know you've been following me, too. I've had plenty of chances to do this. I didn't want to get Jessica involved! That's why I told her that I found Amy! That's your fault! When I gave you those tapes, I told you never to mention them again. I thought that implied not sharing them with the world. I never should have given you those tapes in the first place, I should have burnt them-" - Alex Kralie, Marble Hornets Entry 52

"This is how you wanna fucking play this, huh? You wanna do this retro? Fine. We'll do this retro."
[Arbiter picks up a frying pan.]
"ROFL GIVE ME A BREAK"
"ur a fucking pussy u cant lift that"
"dont even try"
"u mite hurts urself LOL"

"I'm gonna smack some goddamn sense into you!"
[Arbiter stumbles sightly.]
"LOLOLOLOLOL U OK THERE GRANDMA"
"u n33d sum halp w/ that gramdna arbitur?"
"SIT TEH HELL DOWN B 4 U CRACK A RIB"
"Y DONT I THROW TEH KETTELS ON AND ILL MAEK U A NICE CUP OF TEE"
"HOW DOES THAT SOUND"
"LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

[Arbiter hits Chief with the pan.]
"OW"
"ok ok u win arbitur"
"ok truce truce arbitur k? truce k? k."

[Arbiter puts down the pan.]
"LOLOLOL JK"
[Chief kicks Arbiter in the crotch.]
"Ah! You little cunt!"
[Arbiter tackles Chief and falls off the stove.]
"AAAAH"
[Chief lands and his arm falls off.]
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW"
":'("
- Master Chief and The Arbiter, Arby 'n' The Chief, Season 8 "Genesis"

"Bible thumpers and suits who raped and killed America...we're gonna sit there and watch them hump the corpse. The nation that sees them for what they are, it's the only thing these fuckers understand. Force is the only fucking language they understand. It's not about money. It's not about money. It's not about firepower. It's about finding the will to act. A credit card and a hardware store can make you a hero. You can save America if you have the will." - Angry Sniper (bethehammer), ballgameOver.mp3, Year Zero ARG
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm

"Shame on us, doomed from the start. God have mercy on our dirty little hearts. Shame on us for all we have done, and all we ever were, just zeros and ones." - Year Zero: Zero-Sum, Nine Inch Nails

"[...] and public indecency."
"When did that happen?"
"In about five seconds."
- The Belly-Button Fairy, Filmcow

"No...please! Don't let me forget...Keyes,...Jacob...Captain. Service number 01928-19912-JK..."
"No more. What you were. Memories. Emotions. All is now ours."
"You will not have me!"
"We already do."
- Captain Keyes and Proto-Gravemind, Keyes Terminal, Halo Anniversary
<<

McWeird007

lodsofeposts

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Randoman96 wrote:"[...] and sexual molestation."
"When did that happen?"
"In about five seconds."
- Unknown video, Filmcow

That quote is from "The Belly-Button Fairy" and it's "public indecency" instead of "sexual molestation"
:ugeek:
"I'm actually shitting" -Edward Young, 2015
Next

Return to Stuff