FAQ  •  Login

Favorite Quotes

<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Favorite Quotes

"what is he the mayor of anyway? it kinda looks like he just made that sash himself"
"HE'S THE DULY ELECTED MAYOR OF THE FRUITY RUMPUS ASSHOLE FACTORY, AND HE JUST CUT THE RIBBON TO A BRAND NEW MUSEUM FULL OF PRICELESS SHUT THE FUCK UP."
- Dave Strider and Karkat Vantas, Homestuck: Act 6 Intermission 1
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am

"You love having a dead sister. Having a dead sister is an experience you would highly recommend to everybody."

"The wasteland is empty. Banality skims the void where a proper fucking adventure should be, as if grazing the stab wound of a murdered sister, or say, a toppled sarswapagus. A stupid note is produced. It's the one assholes play to make their audience start punching themselves in the crotch repeatedly."

"You stew in your own quasi-lucid hostility as you think this very thought. The one right here, that feels like it's being dictated to you, you think. You think it feels that way, so you guess it's true. But we previously agreed that you were the sole author of your own thoughts, didn't we? That's the thought you should be thinking, and more importantly, believing in as hard as you can, thus slightly reducing its stubborn fakeness attribute. You then think the word, HUH? That doesn't sound like a thought you would have, you think to yourself thoughtfully. What the fuck? But seriously, you've got to stop this. If you keep thinking thoughts like this, you'll probably start going crazy."

- Homestuck, Act 6 Intermission 4
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

roastbeef530

lodsofeposts

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm

I am going to sex you up for this roast, mark my words when you least expect it my penis will emerge from its shadowy lair and devour your very essence. It will work its way into your core through every possible orifice simultaneously until you squeal from the orgasmic agony and then it will crush your spirit in one fell swoop. And only when you’re a crippled heap on the cold ground, unrecognizably shattered, only then will I lean in close and whisper, “Thanks for the fanmail bro.”
— tommyleebones
LPW Count: 7

King of Pages 101, 118,123, and 126.
Queen of Pages 103, 117, and 126
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am

"hey dont be saying shit about the mayor. the mayor rules hes like my best fucking friend"
"HE'S NOT A MAYOR. HE'S THE MAYOR OF FUCKSTICK JUNCTION LOCATED SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF PRETEND ASS NOWHERE."
"hes a mayor you douche his thing says mayor "
"IT SAYS "MAYO" AND HE WROTE THE "R" HIMSELF. HE'S AT BEST A MAYO. AND WHO EVER HEARD OF A MAYO? IT'S EVERY BIT AS IMAGINARY AS HIS IDENTITY AS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL."
"no mayo is like grub sauce but without grubs"
"WHO THE FUCK EVER HEARD OF GRUB SAUCE WITHOUT GRUBS??? WHAT'S IT MADE OF THEN GENIUS!"
"like. uh.i dunno its white and it just sort of exists. you dont ask about mayo thats not what you do with mayo"
- Dave Strider and Karkat Vantas, Homestuck: Act 6 Intermission 2
<<

MorbidPuppies

Robot Warrior

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 pm

"She may make the tea, but I do the tea bagging." - Jaboody Dubs, Ace Power Fitness
@MorbidPuppies - Winner of LPW's 69th Page! - Ban Hammer Count: 46 Permanent Bans!
<<

roastbeef530

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:42 pm

“Fool me once, I’m mad.
Fool me twice, How could you.
Fool me three times, you’re officially that guy, okay? You know him. You know the one. You go to the bar and He’s like, “THIS SUIT IS UHHH OFFICALY SA’ GIORGIO ARMANI. EDMAH DA EDD KNOWS HIM.”
FUCK YOU. I AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN’T HAVING THAT SHIT.”
— JonTron

<<

Daemonium

Interploder

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:02 pm

('Tis a long quote, well more of a speech, but it's still good.)
"Hope… I’m sorry but I don’t want to be an Emperor – that’s not my business – I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, Gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.
We all want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful.
But we have lost the way.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls – has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say “Do not despair”.
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die [now] liberty will never perish…
Soldiers – don’t give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you – who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder.
Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don’t hate – only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers – don’t fight for slavery, fight for liberty.
In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written ” the kingdom of God is within man ” – not one man, nor a group of men – but in all men – in you, the people.
You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let’s use that power – let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness.
Soldiers – in the name of democracy, let us all unite!”

---Charlie Chaplin's final speech in The Great Dictator
<<

N7oler101MC

Dino Warrior

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 pm

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.”

“Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.”

- H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
The Slenderman, Or To The Ark and Back Again
<<

ThePeople'sChamp

I'm Still Here

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:03 pm

"What do ya want, a HANDOUT? Oh, I've got 60 cents in my pocket, if you'll shut up and quit bein' such a PANSY!" - Larry, The Walking Dead Game
Last post wins count: 4
<<

sanic

Occasional Poster

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 am

blechh
Last edited by sanic on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Will Smith
<<

roastbeef530

lodsofeposts

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. "

- Book of Armaments, Chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.

<<

Tao

Occasional Poster

Post Sat May 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Mer_De_Noms wrote:('Tis a long quote, well more of a speech, but it's still good.)
"Hope… I’m sorry but I don’t want to be an Emperor – that’s not my business – I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, Gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that.
We all want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful.
But we have lost the way.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls – has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say “Do not despair”.
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress: the hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die [now] liberty will never perish…
Soldiers – don’t give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you – who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder.
Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don’t hate – only the unloved hate. Only the unloved and the unnatural. Soldiers – don’t fight for slavery, fight for liberty.
In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written ” the kingdom of God is within man ” – not one man, nor a group of men – but in all men – in you, the people.
You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy let’s use that power – let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness.
Soldiers – in the name of democracy, let us all unite!”

---Charlie Chaplin's final speech in The Great Dictator

I love you for posting this.
Tao - the voice of reason and the dispenser of sage wisdom
<<

roastbeef530

lodsofeposts

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:37 pm

"Forget us? How could they forget us, Cory? We saved all of existence, destroyed the Big Four… People don’t forget that sort of thing. I doubt they ever will. We’re heroes now… and heroes never die." —Barry B. Benson, before his death in Bee Shrek Test in the House S6E26 (Rise of the Brave Tangled Whatever)

<<

ThePeople'sChamp

I'm Still Here

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 am

"This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed... BITCH! " - Jesse Pinkman, Breaking Bad
Last post wins count: 4
Previous

Return to Stuff