FAQ  •  Login

Karia's Writings and Drawings and stuffs

<<

Dareigan

Observer

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Karia's Writings and Drawings and stuffs

I meant to make one of these quite a while back but just kept getting too lazy. :]

I guess I'll finally make one now that I actually have art and stories I'd like to show.

Let's start it off with a flash-fiction piece (a story ranging less than 1000 words) I wrote in Fiction Writing class that I wound up turning into a MH-esque story (also related to Slender.) It's written so that an audience who hasn't heard of Slenderman can at least get an idea of what he's about/what he looks like, and those that do know about him should be able to recognize him right away. (I'd be very happy if someone in the class actually recognizes it. I guess we'll find out. :D ) If it seems too out-of-character that I used Jessica and Brians' names, let me know.

~~~~

He came at me like a reaper, skinny limbs looping like a steel bolas from a blade-thin torso. Legs hardly touching the grass, as if suspended from invisible strings. Sickly, pale leather skin stretched over his bald skull. Malice without expression, boring into my core with an eyeless stare. I could feel death’s grip closing in on me, squeezing the last breath of hope from my frail body like a sponge, leaving nothing but fear and despair behind. He’s here for me...

And suddenly, I awaken. My head spins for a moment, my breaths are quick and jagged. Weakly I prop myself up on my arm; my hand brushes against broken bits of glass and concrete. I’m in that abandoned schoolhouse again. Did I camp out here for some reason? What on earth would motivate me to come back here again? And why did I feel as if I just had a brush with death? Everything felt fuzzy... yet everything in me was screaming to get out. To run. To escape whatever it was that hunted me. But... what was chasing me?

“Jessica?!” A familiar, frantic male voice approached along with quick footsteps. “Jessie, are you all right?” My friend Brian bolted into the doorway of the empty, desecrated old schoolhouse classroom. He hastily lifted me up by the arm and urged me to leave with him.
“We have to get out of here,” he demanded.
“Why?” ... What did I mean, ‘why’? Of course we had to get out! But everything still felt... fuzzy. Unreal.
“That thing is still here, that’s why! It’s even more persistent than before and I think it’s trying to keep us here!”
“What thing?” I furrowed my brow and tried to recall the nightmare I just had.
“That... That faceless freak! Don’t tell me you forgot again?”

“Brian...What are you talking about?” The remnants of my nightmare were disappearing. As were the strings that held together my memory.
“I don’t know...” Brian shook his head back and forth. “I don’t know, I don’t know! I mean... One minute I remember him, the next I don’t – like when I wake up from having a dream and can’t recall most of it. It’s like he’s trying to make us forget about him. He’s toying with us, Jessie!”
I blinked hard several times, like I was trying to blink away the haze. Brian thrust a piece of paper into my hand.
“I...I tried to draw him.” He pointed to the elongated figure in the center of the dirty notebook leaflet, surrounded by scribbles that resembled the trees in the area. It looked like a sketchy stick figure with a tie; but it looked sinister, somehow.
“Maybe it will help us remember next time. I’ll draw more if I have to. But Jessie...” He grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eye. “You have to remember. Once you forget him, he’ll kill you. Remember!”

“Remember.” This is phrased in the command form. But we don’t seem to be able to command remembrance anymore. ‘Remember’ is more of a wish, I think. A plea. A prayer.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: Karia's Writings and Drawings and stuffs

Pretty interesting and well writen!
<<

Dareigan

Observer

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Thankyou :D
<<

Dareigan

Observer

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 pm

I forgot how many people saw this, but here it is again anyways. c:

<<

Dareigan

Observer

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:11 pm

A poem I found while organizing my computer today. I forgot how much I liked this one.

It's titled "Gorgon"
Spoiler:
but some of you may also see parallels to a certain Doctor Who enemy...

She was beautiful once,
in the eyes of her kin, at least
Pleasant robed form and intertwining hair
But eyes that cannot gaze
on another without sealing their fate,
fear frozen on their faces
no admiration or compassion; only fear
and disgust.
The curse has turned her bitter,
blood boiling under a stone heart,
shedding silent tears,
making her lash out in vengeance;
Perhaps because she knows
that she is to be alone,
surrounded by her stone angels.
<<

Dareigan

Observer

Post Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 am

Origin of Death Gods

My own personal mythos about Death Gods, tied into my own personal story universe in which there are three realms: Earthly, Magic, and Nether/Paranormal. I looked at tidbits of Grim Reaper and Shinigami myths, though I tried to keep it really broad. I mainly drew inspiration from Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), Soul Eater, Death Note, and although I don't particularly like watching the anime, Bleach.

It is almost entirely unknown what happens when a creature from the Magic realm passes over into the Nether. It is known, however, that a select few sorcerers found a way to pass into this realm many millennia ago.
When they did this, they went through a vast transformation. They saw a dimension that no mortal could have survived. They saw the very essence of darkness and death.

They became what they and other sorcerers called Lords of Death - later known as Death gods. They now dwell in the Nether realm, never revealing the secrets of this foreboding plain to mortals until the moment of their death.
They were granted with the ability to not only take away life at will under certain repercussions, but to guide a person's spirit through the Nether realm and help them find peace if they are in danger of being stranded due to a grudge or regret.

Some death gods look human in appearance. Some of them look monstrous. Some even have features of both, whether it be a skeletal face or outer shell, large pointed teeth, claws or tails paired with a humanlike body.
There is one feature that all death gods share: Their eyes. A death god's eyes can see a body aging and decaying. They can literally see the hour that a person will die. It is said that when sorcerers passed into the Nether realm for the first time, they nearly went blind from the horrors they witnessed but were given a new type of sight by the dark energies around them. It is most common for a death god's eyes to be a vibrant shade of yellow or green, though they can also be orange, red, purple, or most uncommon, icy blue.

The first and most powerful sorcerer that became a death god simply changed his name to Death. His body was stripped of the mortal shell that held his being together in the magic realm, causing him to become a living skeleton. He shrouded himself in a cloak of shadows, symbolizing his transformation and his new home. His eye sockets burn with an unnerving neon yellow light. He is immortal, but he is eternally bound to the Nether. He has since made it an effort to make his presence known to humans, as if to prove to them that this bleak dimension does in fact exist, and all life must pass through it upon their death. He appears subconsciously in dreams, and will meet a person upon the hour of their death, happy to guide any broken spirit to the eternal light that welcomes them on the other side of the darkness. He has become known as "The Grim Reaper."

After a few centuries, the population of death gods began to increase. Their descendants inherited abilities over death, and they were taught how to properly use these abilities and how to defend themselves in a realm brimming with evil entities. They fashioned weapons out of the dark energy and resources around them, and sometimes claimed objects from the human and magic realm to use: scepters, sickles, staffs, and just about anything with a blade. It quickly became evident that it was much easier to separate a soul from a body with these supernatural weapons. They also discovered that their strength increased with every soul harvested and they could become immortal if they perfected their strength.

They soon discovered a rift between their home and the Earthly dimension, where human souls lingered if they were burdened by thoughts of revenge or guilt. In this strange semi-dimension, they decided to set up a sort of facility, where they could train other Death gods to use their abilities to harvest and bring peace to these tormented souls - as well as souls from the living that were designated to die - and allow them to pass onto the great Void that the humans called 'heaven.' They also vowed to eliminate the souls of demons or blatantly evil humans, sentencing them to an eternal prison of fire.

Unfortunately, not all Death gods desire to follow this set of standards. Not all of them go through with training and will remain in the Nether realm. Some exploit their abilities and experiment with human souls by causing them to die before their time, or granting them forbidden immortality. Some seek only power and eternal life, and will drive humans to suicide, manipulate the environment around them to cause their death, and sometimes outright slaughter them for their own purposes. Some death gods are just careless and have not been trained properly. These delinquents are at great conflict with those of higher authority, and if they prove to be a danger to the human realm and other death gods, they will have their abilities taken from them, will no longer be able to absorb energy from souls and will slowly wither away.

Return to Shameless Self-Promotion