FAQ  •  Login

The Fear Mythos

<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 pm

The Fear Mythos

Ok, so as most of you are aware, the ever beloved series Marble Hornets is going to wrap up it's second season and will be on hiatus for a while. Since we all will need a replacement series to discuss, I bring to you, THE FEAR MYTHOS!!!! It is a massive collaborative Horror Blog Series that features Slenderman and about 14 other horrifying monsters!

Main page:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFearMythos

Character pages: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/TheFearMythos

Ontological: A young man is trapped in a house with no doors or windows. He received a note saying to write or the Shadowmen will come.

Eccentrically Bored: Chronicles the story of Joey Steward, it continues in Hidden in the Trees

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING An alternate universe tumblr by JDooling. Shows you what might've happened if the Rapture happened in the Fear universe. Not canon but a really good read.

Jordan Eats Normally Now JDooling's canon blog that he's been running since he was 12.

Closest to the Sun A blog telling the story of a girl who runs from the Fears after her.

Brighter than A SpoonA poet finds out he's a receiver.

My revenge is nighThe Rake killed his family, he's gonna kill the Rake.

Quiet Cacophony Strange things have been happening with the Welshmen.

These are a decent portion of the blogs. Enjoy.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: The Fear Mythos

I approve of this thread. MesserTod probably approves of it more. Hopefully it will keep the worst of the withdrawal symptoms away during the MH break.
Last edited by SuperHeroGirl on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHeroGirl: Always the exception. ALWAYS.
Wins on LPW prior to post count change: 5
Current wins on LPW: 6

<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Well hopefully people will still talk about while MH is going on. It's a good series.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:02 pm

I suggest reading Eccentrically Bored, followed by Hidden in the Trees, then for a more general overview of everything in an alternate universe OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:37 pm

This has to be extremely complicated to keep organized, for the creators and shit.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Well as I understand, most blogs don't interact with one another aside from commenting. Sometimes you get people to partner up or meet up, but not often.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:04 pm

It's not nearly as bad as the Slenderbloggers.

And most Fear Blogs focus on one or two Fears, with Hidden in the Trees and OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING as exceptions.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah, not many have more than one Fear. Hidden in the Trees actually allows you to see a Fear being "born"
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Everyone at/covering The Mechanical Newborn's birth is a pan-Mythos blog, Peter Rivers is the most prominent of the group.

But they (and Rapture) are the only exceptions
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:38 pm

In honor of the Fear Mythos, my new sig.

Return to Slender Man