FAQ  •  Login

There were only a few of us when it started.

<<

Nickjackal

Honored One

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:41 pm

There were only a few of us when it started.

There was once a great kingdom known as The Forum of Marblehornsborough in the land of Unficktin, whose subjects were more like a massive family unit. Others looked out for others. There were many a friendship gained in this kingdom.

Then the monarchy that ruled the kingdom revealed their laziness and greed. They sought to charge people for menial help. They insulted their subjects, called them children.

Some of those subjects would simply not stand for it. They gathered their meager possessions and left, after other subjects did so before them. They set sail for the smaller, yet plentiful land of Interplosion.

They built up a small settlement there. And in time, others came. Some from the land of Unficktin, others still travelling on directions given by word of mouth alone.

We grew.

We thrived.

But as time went on, problems began to sprout, as they sometimes, unfortunately do when a kingdom grows.

Suddenly our kingdom was subject to great infighting, seemingly out of nowhere. And in time, some left on their own. Others were shamed into leaving.

And now we begin, slowly, to turn into the great kingdom we sought shelter from.

We were a respectable place once. Now look at us. Squabbling like children. Pointing fingers and calling names. And now people are leaving. People that were here from the start are leaving.

Perhaps we can change in time.

This is not my farewell. I'll stay because I feel I must. I still have friends here, ones that I hope to keep.

But things are spiraling far too out of control.

We need to step back and look at what we are.
<<

InHABITED

Land Shark

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: There were only a few of us when it started.

Last edited by InHABITED on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 am

Long story short, there was a lot of fighting a bit ago, centered around SHG and Zaphod's interactions, and at one point both Xicon and SHG threatened leaving the chat. Xicon because he apparently can't deal with Zaphod and SHG talking and SHG because she felt like none of the admins liked her, or wanted her there.

So Rando fixed everything and SHG came back after a while. And Nick wrote this in the middle of the shitstorm.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

InHABITED

Land Shark

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Last edited by InHABITED on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Xicon because he apparently can't deal with Zaphod and SHG talking

Don't speak for me.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I am only speaking what I have heard. I put the "apparently" in there to denote the fact that it might not be true.

HABIT asked for an explanation, and I felt obligated to fill him in as best I could. I am sorry if there are differences between my report and the actual situation.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.

Return to Ranting