FAQ  •  Login

SHG's Weight Loss and Health Journey

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 am

Re: SHG's Weight Loss and Health Journey

Daily Stats for 8/11/12, one hour of combined freestyle swimming and water aerobics, 15 minutes stair climber/cross trainer, 15 minutes recumbent bike, 15 minutes elliptical, and 15 minutes stationary bike. Calories consumed, 1690; Calories burned, 1117.

Daily Stats for 8/12/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1551; Calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

So to make up for royally screwing up my food intake on Friday, I did a two hour workout on Saturday, and I felt like I could have kept going, but I figured it was in my best interest to stop before I pushed myself too hard. Staying in the pool wasn't that hard because, for at least half of my stay, I shared the lane with one of the girls from the water aerobics class and we did some of the exercise we learned from it together. The last half hour was easy after that. Seems that, as long as I'm not alone, time goes by faster.

I might be going tonight with my sister. I think I might stay out of the pool, but we'll see what classes are offered tonight. I like doing the classes because it offers a change of pace for me.
SuperHeroGirl: Always the exception. ALWAYS.
Wins on LPW prior to post count change: 5
Current wins on LPW: 6

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 am

Daily Stats for 8/13/12, did 13 minutes free weights, 20 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes recumbent bike, 12 minutes stair climber/cross trainer, and 15 minutes leisurely swimming, (as a cool-down). Calories consumed, 2149; Calories burned, 609.

So, I'm down just about 12 pounds in a month and a half. I broke through one plateau, so I know, if I happen to end up in another, I can get through it. If this pace keeps up, I can reach my weight loss goal in just about half the time I allotted for it, which is pretty sweet.

Every time I step on the scale and the number is smaller than the last time I stepped on it, it's an awesome surprise. Most of the time, I don't believe what I'm reading, so I step off the scale, wait a bit and step on it again. Usually the reading is the same.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 am

Daily Stats for 8/14/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1543; Calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

I'm sure I'm burning calories throughout the day, but since I can't measure how many, I'm going with zero for now. Considering trying yoga today, but it doesn't burn many calories, so we'll see. I might do yoga and some aerobic work. Also, I need to find a way to cut out coffee because it's becoming an issue as far as calories are concerned.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:35 am

Daily Stats for 8/15/12, did one hour yoga. Calories consumed, 1966; Calories burned, 285.

Daily Stats for 8/16/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1558; Calories burned, 199 (walking around doing errands).

Yoga is not as easy as one would think it is, however, it's very relaxing at the end where you're releasing the tension from your body. I may continue to do it on a tri-weekly basis, but it doesn't burn a lot of calories, so I don't think I'll substitute it that often for cardio.

As you can see by my ticker, weight is starting to fall off me again, I can't wait until I reach 20 pounds, and then 25, (one quarter of the way to my goal of at least 100).

Also, I'm still drinking coffee, but I'm no longer adding extra sugar to it, so it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully I can change to tea or just take a multivitamin to help me wake up in the morning.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:06 am

Daily Stats for 8/17/12, did 15 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes recumbent bike, 15 minutes stairclimber/crosstrainer, 15 minutes free weight machines. Calories consumed, 1893; Calories burned, 717.

Felt very blah about my workout yesterday. I went with my sister and she gave me some news that may have impacted my mood and, thus, my workout. Looking forward to going to the gym by myself tomorrow and just trying to focus on me and not other people and their situations. Going to get in some pool time since I couldn't yesterday and plan out the rest of the week as far as if I'll be taking any classes.

Also, my food choices haven't been the best lately, though they're still significantly better than when I started this journey. I'm doing pretty well at keeping things under 2000 calories, but I feel like the past two days I've indulged a bit more than I would have liked to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/18/12: non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1498, Calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today)

8/19/12: did 45 minutes freestyle swimming, 15 minutes water aerobics, 15 minutes stationary bike, 15 minutes stairclimber/cross trainer, 5 minutes recumbent bike and 10 minutes elliptical. Calories consumed, 1888; Calories burned 550.

8/20/12: non-gym day. Calories consumed 1993, calories burned 0, (no activity worth noting today).

8/21/12: did 75 minutes water aerobics and 30 minutes of Zumba. Calories consumed, 1522; Calories burned, 500.

I've noticed that I'm not burning as many calories during a workout as I did in the beginning of this journey. I take this as a sign that my body has adjusted to the workout and I need to go harder because it's going to take more to get my heart rate up. I don't break out into a sweat like I did in the beginning. Despite this, I've still lost another 1.3 pounds, which means 14.7 pounds lost total, (so almost 15!!). I'm curious where my inches are at now, so I'll be measuring those this week some time.

Also, I really want to do personal training so I can do more boxing - I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I'd have to commit to 2 months and it would be $200/week, (so $800 total), and I'd get 4 of my "lost" sessions back, so I'd get a total of 20 sessions.

In non-weight related news, I whacked my head pretty good on the bathroom sink this morning when I slipped and fell trying to get into the shower, so that was awesome. Also, I signed up and was accepted for Zipcar, so I'll get to do some driving soon.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:09 am

Daily Stats for 8/22/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1581; Calories burned, 147 (in the last couple hours of work and getting home).

Not much to say except I'm holding steady at 250 pounds and change. I'm sure that will melt off in the coming week and I'll be in the 240s. I think I'll look at the smaller goals as reaching every increment in a 10 pound range. So once I'm in the 240s, my goal will be to get to the 230s and so on. At this rate, I'll be 1/4 of the way to my goal before I know it. I have yet to figure out how to commemorate 25 pounds lost though.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:43 am

Daily Stats for 8/23/12, did 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes recumbent bike, 15 minutes free weights. Calories consumed, 1960; Calories burned, 607.

Kicked up my workout yesterday and burned more calories as a result. My body is definitely adjusting to the workout because, where I was burning over 1000 calories in the beginning, it's become harder to burn as many during a workout. I don't measure what I burn in a day anymore, though I'm sure I'm constantly burning calories at work.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:26 am

Daily Stats for 8/24/12, did 60 minutes freestyle swimming, light/moderate effort. Calories consumed, 1542; Calories burned, 240.

Not sure how accurate my sports watch is at calculating calories burned when I'm swimming because My Fitness Pal says that, for one hour of swimming laps with light/moderate effort, that's 794 calories burned, but my watch is saying only 240. It goes off heart rate, I believe, and it's difficult to both get a heart rate while swimming and, also, to get my heart rate in the fat burning zone. So, basically, I could have burned anywhere between what my watch is telling me, and what My Fitness Pal is telling me. For now, I'm going to go off my watch.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:47 am

Daily Stats for 8/25/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1538; Calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats for 8/26/12, did 15 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes stairclimber/crosstrainer, 15 minutes elliptical at the gym and one hour of leisurely swimming/diving/treading water at my uncle's house. Calories consumed, 3023; Calories burned 1560.

Daily Stats for 8/27/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, approx. 3517; Calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats for 8/28/12, did 42 minutes water aerobics and 18 minutes freestyle swimming. Calories consumed, 1465; Calories burned, 670.

As you can see, the last 4 days have been a little off-course. Saturday, (8/26/12), I burned a crazy amount of calories because of extra swimming time at my uncle's, who actually has a pool with a diving board and a deep end, so I was able to do some diving and treading water, which can be a real calorie burner. I consumed such a large amount of calories because of the large amount burned and only ate when I was hungry, which was more frequent than normal due to expending so much energy.

Monday, (8/27/12), I was off-course because one of my co-workers had won a free appetizers night at a local bar. The calories are approximate because there was no way to accurately get the calories on what was consumed that night and I added in an extra 500 calories for alcohol, (I had 4 mixed drinks and a shot). Yesterday, (8/28/12), I was right back on track with the gym and eating right, even though, as far as the gym goes, I was tired from the previous night and didn't want to go, but made myself and it was worth it because I really worked it in water aerobics and burned a lot of calories. Also, I got to help in trying to teach someone to swim, which made me feel good.

I hate to admit it, but the scale is showing a gain, though I'm sure it's only temporary and I'll start losing again soon. I'm itching to get into the 240s so I know I'm making good progress.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 am

Daily Stats for 8/29/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1691; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats for 8/30/12, did 20 minutes recumbent bike, 15 minutes free weights, 20 minutes elliptical and 5 minutes stationary bike. Calories consumed, 1495; calories burned, 687.

Daily Stats for 8/31/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1929; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats for 9/1/12, did 30 stairclimber/crosstrainer, 15 minutes recumbent bike and 15 minutes elliptical. Calories consumed, 2689; calories burned 658.

Daily Stats for 9/2/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1516; calories burned, 85 (walked down the street to pick up the car).

Daily Stats for 9/3/12, did 60 minutes freestyle swimming. Calories consumed, 4101; calories burned, 367.

Daily Stats for 9/4/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1545; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today)

As you can see, there are a few days I fell off-track, particularly, Monday, 9/3/12. That day hubs and I went to Bertucci's and, apparently, one of the dishes I ordered clocked in at over 2000 calories. Not sure how accurate the calories are on the website I got them from, but they're not actually listed on Bertucci's website.

Despite what seems like a setback, I'm down another 2.7 pounds and I've lost 18.6 pounds total so far. I've pretty much decided that when I reach the goal of 25 pounds lost, (or a quarter of the way to my ultimate goal), I'm going to get my nose pierced in celebration. Also, I'm fitting into a smaller pair of jeans that were uncomfortably tight on me before and they fit nicely now.

<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 am

Just to let you know, I do check into this thread and see how you're doing.
<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

Daily Stats for 9/5/12, did 60 minutes of yoga. Calories consumed, 1654; calories burned, 285.

Daily Stats for 9/6/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1765; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats for 9/7/12, did 45 minutes freestyle swimming and 15 minutes water aerobics. Calories consumed, 1571; calories burned, 367.

Daily Stats for 9/8/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 2792; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats for 9/9/12, did 15 minutes free weights/nautilus machine, 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes stationary bike and 10 minutes freestyle swimming. Calories consumed, 2197; calories burned, 733.

Blah. I've just not been feeling it lately. I'm bored with the gym, bored with the foods I eat, just bored of life in general. I'm still making myself stay on routine and it's apparently paying off because I keep seeing losses on the scale, but I'm dragging myself to the gym. Most of the time, when I'm there, I can get into the workout, but getting there is becoming a chore. I don't know how I'm going to pull off meeting my ultimate goal of at least 100 pounds lost when I can't even get a quarter of the way without getting bored.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:19 am

Daily Stats 9/10/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1393; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today)

Daily Stats 9/11/12, did 30 minutes stairclimber/crosstrainer, 15 minutes recumbent bike and 15 minutes elliptical. Calories consumed, 2155; calories burned, 650.

Still really bored of the gym and also bummed out because I had a small weight gain and I seem to be in my third plateau since starting this journey. I know I just need to push through it and I'll start losing again, but I'm just losing motivation and don't even want to do this anymore, which is surprising because it's not as if I haven't seen results - I've seen more results this time than any other time I've tried to lose weight.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Daily Stats 9/12/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 2074; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats 9/13/12, skipped gym. Calories consumed, 2015; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats 9/14/12, did 15 minutes weight machines, 30 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes stationary bike. Calories consumed, 1528; calories burned, 647.

Daily Stats 9/15/12, did 30 minutes stairclimber/cross trainer, 15 minutes recumbent bike and 15 minutes elliptical. Calories consumed, 1934; calories burned, 660.

Daily Stats 9/16/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 2605; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats 9/17/12, did 60 minutes freestyle swimming. Calories consumed, 2275; calories burned, 593.

Daily Stats 9/18/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed, 1723; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

Daily Stats 9/19/12, did 20 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes elliptical and 10 minutes recumbent bike. Calories consumed, 2303; calories burned, 759.

Daily Stats 9/20/12, non-gym day. Calories consumed 1327; calories burned, 0 (no activity worth noting today).

I got weighed at the doctor's today and, according to their scale, I'm 236. Last time I was weighed at the doctor's office, I was 260, so that's technically 24 pounds lost. However, the scale I've been using more consistently at work hasn't been budging lately and I'm fluctuating between 20 and 22 pounds lost and it's frustrating. I've likely hit another plateau, which is no surprise with the way I've been eating lately.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 am

So I fell off the wagon for a few days while I wasn't feeling well, (not that I feel entirely well now though), and I stopped logging what I ate and going to the gym.

On the upside, I broke my plateau and I'm down to 240.7, which is exactly 24 pounds lost. On the downside, I didn't break it in a healthy way, I basically stopped eating as I had been and wasn't working out. I might have a few days of logs I can put in here. but there will be a gap in progress.

My plan is to resume going to the gym tomorrow and hopefully it will be beneficial.

Now I just need to figure out a way to hold on to my job, but that's another story for another thread I suppose.

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 am

While I stopped updating this thread, I am still keeping track of what I eat and how much I exercise over at SuperHero_Girl @ My Fitness Pal - so if you're still interested in following that portion of my journey, keep an eye out over there as I will no longer be transferring the information over as it was becoming too tiresome.

In most recent news, I, at long last, reached my first milestone goal of 25 pounds lost, which has resulted in my first reward of a nose piercing. Hurrah!! Next milestone is 50 pounds lost and the halfway point. The reward is a new dress of my husband's choice. Hope to get to that point before my birthday in March!

EDIT: Picture of the piercing...sorry for the major close-up, but it was the only way you could really see it!

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Photo comparison time!!

First photo is from Summer 2011, about a year before starting working out and eating better.

Second photo is from July 2012, a few weeks after starting working out.

Third photo is from Sunday, October 14, 2012 after a little over 3 months of working out and eating right and 25 pounds lost.

Previous

Return to Stuff