FAQ  •  Login

One-Sentence Story Game

<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:08 pm

One-Sentence Story Game

This is a neat little game. Each poster will copy and paste the full story from the post above them, and add one sentence AND ONLY ONE SENTENCE to the story. The sentence can be anything you want. Bold your new contribution and be sure to put the full story in a quote box.

I'll start.

It was a dark and stormy night, and the book club was meeting to discuss the major cliche of dark and stormy nights starting stories.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Re: One-Sentence Story Game

It was a dark and stormy night, and the book club was meeting to discuss the major cliche of dark and stormy nights starting stories. The book club was getting very antsy because Rando forgot to bring the snack even though it was his turn.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

roastbeef530

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:14 pm

It was a dark and stormy night, and the book club was meeting to discuss the major cliche of dark and stormy nights starting stories. The book club was getting very antsy because Rando forgot to bring the snack even though it was his turn.
"Fuck it, let's order pizza" roastbeef said.
LPW Count: 7

King of Pages 101, 118,123, and 126.
Queen of Pages 103, 117, and 126
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 pm

"Fuck it, let's order pizza" roastbeef said. Dawn didn't look up from her manga, even though she loves pizza.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm

"Fuck it, let's order pizza" roastbeef said. Dawn didn't look up from her manga, even though she loves pizza. The group soon realized that not only had they not been discussing the book they were to read that month (The Gunslinger), but in fact that only Xicon had actually read it.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 pm

"Fuck it, let's order pizza" roastbeef said. Dawn didn't look up from her manga, even though she loves pizza. The group soon realized that not only had they not been discussing the book they were to read that month (The Gunslinger), but in fact that only Xicon had actually read it.
Instead, Azog had read Game of Thrones, SuperHeroGirl had read gay manga and Rando had not read anything.
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Instead, Azog had read Game of Thrones, SuperHeroGirl had read gay manga and Rando had not read anything.The book club meetings were always like this.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Instead, Azog had read Game of Thrones, SuperHeroGirl had read gay manga and Rando had not read anything. The book club meetings were always like this.

Thunder crashed and the whole room jumped, except for Rando who made a mention of penises.
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:48 pm

"Fuck it, let's order pizza" roastbeef said. Dawn didn't look up from her manga, even though she loves pizza. The group soon realized that not only had they not been discussing the book they were to read that month (The Gunslinger), but in fact that only Xicon had actually read it. Instead, Azog had read Game of Thrones, SuperHeroGirl had read gay manga and Rando had not read anything. The book club meetings were always like this.

Thunder crashed and the whole room jumped, except for Rando who made a mention of penises. With the power out, they needed something to do; Xicon suggested they play a game, where each person would say a sentence of a story, and the next person would add another sentence to the story.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:51 pm

"Fuck it, let's order pizza" roastbeef said. Dawn didn't look up from her manga, even though she loves pizza. The group soon realized that not only had they not been discussing the book they were to read that month (The Gunslinger), but in fact that only Xicon had actually read it. Instead, Azog had read Game of Thrones, SuperHeroGirl had read gay manga and Rando had not read anything. The book club meetings were always like this.

Thunder crashed and the whole room jumped, except for Rando who made a mention of penises. With the power out, they needed something to do; Xicon suggested they play a game, where each person would say a sentence of a story, and the next person would add another sentence to the story. "I mean sure," Azog said, "I guess that could be entertaining, but doesn't that risk getting really meta?"
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Thunder crashed and the whole room jumped, except for Rando who made a mention of penises. With the power out, they needed something to do; Xicon suggested they play a game, where each person would say a sentence of a story, and the next person would add another sentence to the story. "I mean sure," Azog said, "I guess that could be entertaining, but doesn't that risk getting really meta?"

"There's no fourth wall anymore," Xicon pointed out, "so the only way we can tell a good story is by being meta."
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:54 pm

"There's no fourth wall anymore," Xicon pointed out, "so the only way we can tell a good story is by being meta." Azog thought for a moment, "That makes sense, maybe we'll talk about us being meta while being meta about talking about being meta."
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:56 pm

"There's no fourth wall anymore," Xicon pointed out, "so the only way we can tell a good story is by being meta."

Azog thought for a moment, "That makes sense, maybe we'll talk about us being meta while being meta about talking about being meta." With the risks of being overly meta clearly dismissed, Xicon began the story.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Azog thought for a moment, "That makes sense, maybe we'll talk about us being meta while being meta about talking about being meta." With the risks of being overly meta clearly dismissed, Xicon began the story.
Rando moaned loudly over the turn of events and McWeird simply said "Pickle."
<<

roastbeef530

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Rando moaned loudly over the turn of events and McWeird simply said "Pickle.""I just hope no one makes a penis joke" roastbeef said.

EDIT: 100TH POST 100TH POST 100TH POST 100TH POST 100TH POST 100TH POST 100TH POST
Last edited by roastbeef530 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPW Count: 7

King of Pages 101, 118,123, and 126.
Queen of Pages 103, 117, and 126
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Rando moaned loudly over the turn of events and McWeird simply said "Pickle." "I just hope no one makes a penis joke" roastbeef said.
Azog seethed with rage over the recent combo-break of the metastream
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Rando moaned loudly over the turn of events and McWeird simply said "Pickle." "I just hope no one makes a penis joke" roastbeef said.
Azog seethed with rage over the recent combo-break of the metastreamDawn watched the whole debacle, and nodded her head, slowly beginning to understand the meaning of life: Forum games.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Azog thought for a moment, "That makes sense, maybe we'll talk about us being meta while being meta about talking about being meta." With the risks of being overly meta clearly dismissed, Xicon began the story. Rando moaned loudly over the turn of events and McWeird simply said "Pickle." "I just hope no one makes a penis joke" roastbeef said. Azog seethed with rage over the recent combo-break of the metastream. Dawn watched the whole debacle, and nodded her head, slowly beginning to understand the meaning of life: Forum games.

"It was a dark and stormy night," Xicon began, turning to Rando and giving him the signal to continue.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Azog thought for a moment, "That makes sense, maybe we'll talk about us being meta while being meta about talking about being meta." With the risks of being overly meta clearly dismissed, Xicon began the story. Rando moaned loudly over the turn of events and McWeird simply said "Pickle." "I just hope no one makes a penis joke" roastbeef said. Azog seethed with rage over the recent combo-break of the metastream. Dawn watched the whole debacle, and nodded her head, slowly beginning to understand the meaning of life: Forum games.

"It was a dark and stormy night," Xicon began, turning to Rando and giving him the signal to continue.

"I don't want to play this game anymore." he responded.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:05 pm

"I don't want to play this game anymore." he responded.

"Well, if you won't then I will." Tod said from his vantage point on the club's tale.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
Next

Return to Forum Games