FAQ  •  Login

Abortion

<<

The Slender Man

Dragon Man

Post Sun May 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Abortion

Abortion is one of the most controversial topics in America today: say it in a crowd, and everyone's asshole will clench shut.
I believe that it is a choice everyone should have, and is not "sinful" or "inhumane."
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: Abortion

Pro-choice
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

Riovas

Honored One

Post Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 am

Pro-Life. It basically comes down to when do you determine a life begins. Personally, I also view abortion as a scapegoat for sluts who don't think of consequences for their actions.

There's really own 2 reasons I can see being justified for abortion. 1) The pregnancy will end up killing the mother (which is possible) and 2) Rape victim.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Mon May 21, 2012 3:12 pm

My believe in pro-choice is mainly for reasons you listed Riovas, not as a means to undo stupid mistakes.

<<

Riovas

Honored One

Post Mon May 21, 2012 3:30 pm

So deimos, when do you consider a life to begin? For me it is reasonable that when the lifeform has a heartbeat it is starting to be self functioning and can be considered a live
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:24 pm

But the heartbeat persists for hours after death...

Personally, I don't bother thinking about when something is alive or not. Pre-birth and immediately after death things get really, really fuzzy.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Pro-choice because "[I] hate America" -Rush Limbaugh
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Well "alive" status is from 22-24 weeks based on studies in UK and here, but you know the cells are alive from conception just not as a entity separate from the mother. Although the definition of alive makes little difference here in Aus because an abortion can only be carried out after a doctor assesses that the pregnancy poses serious health risk for the mother, at least in my home state of New South Wales but I doubt any of the other states would vary much. In America can anyone just walk into a clinic and get an abortion? Cause thats kinda how movies and stuff make it out.

<<

Riovas

Honored One

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:58 pm

pretty much. you don't need a medical reason to have one here in the States I believe. But if you're under 18 you have to have a signature from your parents to get an abortion
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Pro-choice, but not because I personally support abortion. I simply don't think that the government has any right to tell people what they should believe - in this case, when they believe life begins. I personally think abortion is morally wrong, but I respect that others do not believe that, and would not force them to believe such.

Return to Debate