FAQ  •  Login

The Legend of Korra Discussion

<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 pm

The Legend of Korra Discussion

Thread started mostly for Ship-O-Meter and other discussion.

Xicon's Ship-O-Meter Ratings:

Welcome to Republic City / A Leaf in the Wind:
Borra: 7.5/10
Makorra: 6.5/10
Makorlin: 4/10
Ferretcest: Is Wrong

The Revelation:
Makorra: 9/10
Borra: 5/10
Makorlin: 4/10

A Voice in the Night:
Komon: 9.9/10
Makorra: 2/10
Borra: 6/10
Masami: 9/10
Bosami: 1.5/10
Kosami: No

The Spirit of Competition:
Borra: 9/10
Makorra: 9/10
Masami: 2/10
Bosami: 0/10
Kosami: 0.5/10

And the Winner Is...:
Borra: 3/10
Makorra: 4/10
Masami: 6/10
Komon: 4/10
Linzin: 9.9/10

The Aftermath:
Makorra: 5/10
Masami: 9/10
Kosami: 5/10
Bobu: 10/10
Linzin: 9/10
Ferretcest: Is Awesome, But Wrong

When Extremes Meet:
Makorra: 6/10
Masami: 5/10
Borra: 2/10
Kosami: 2/10
Meelo-Squared: 11/10
Karlokk: 8/10

Out of the Past:
Makorra: 10/10
Borra: 0.5/10
Masami: 4/10
Kosami: 0/10
Meelo-Squared: 7/10
Karlokk: 4/10
Linzin: 7.5/10
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 am

Re: The Legend of Korra Discussion

The Spirit of Competition:
Makorra: 9.9/10
Borra: 9/10
Masumi: lolno
Bosumi: lolno
Kosumi: lolno
Ferretcest: 7/10
Bobu (Bolin/Pabu): Is a match made in Heaven.

Zutara: 10000/10

That being said. This episode. My emotions.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 am

And the Winner Is...:
Borra: 4.9/10
Ferretcest: Is amazing Wrong
Komon: 6/10
Linzen: 8/10
Linorra: 6/10
Bobu: Is a match made in Heaven
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

Xicon

Gunslinger

Post Sat May 19, 2012 8:31 am

Ship-O-Meter for The Aftermath:

Only a 5 because, although they undeniably were drawn closer, Korra was absolutely fucking stupid and told them upfront that she told Tenzin and Beifong about Sato. Sure, she turned out to be right, but the outrage over Korra's brashness that Mako and Asami shared undoubtedly drew them closer.

Not much there.

Masumi: 9/10

She totally knocked out her father for Mako. Yeah, two episodes and they will be totally fucking (off-screen, IT'S A KIDS SHOW GODDAMN IT).

Kosami: 5/10

Same reasons as Makorra: awesome bonding time with the race track, but the whole thing with Asami's father just drew her closer to Mako.

Bobu: 10/10

PABU PABU PABU PABU PABU

Linzin: 9/10

Goddamn they make an amazing team, and now Lin is going all Batman.

Ferretcest: Is Awesome, But Wrong

Mako and Bolin had an incredible rapport this episode, and were able to wordlessly communicate so much. For this, Ferretcest earns an "Is Awesome, But Wrong" for the first time.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 am

Azog's Ship-O-Meter Ratings for Out of the Past:

Makorrra: 10/10
Holy sweet mother of R'hllor, this episode was filled with so much Makorra ship feels that I think it needs the morning after pill. While I'm still clinging to the rapidly sinking SS Borra, this episode made it clear to me that I would be fine with Makorra. Mako showed so much caring for Korra that he basically forgot Asami even existed 5 seconds after kissing her when he discovers Korra's been captured. Not to mention that ending scene with the two of them was so fluffy you could sleep on it.

Borra: 1/10
This ship is sinking. Hard. Not only have we seen less Borra-styled feels in recent episodes, but Bolin even outright admits to Asami that he's over the hurt from the infamous Makorra kiss from The Spirit of Competition. While I suppose it's still possible for Byrke to throw a massive curve-ball and have them wind up together, it seems unlikely at this point. And that saddens me, because Bolin needs allllllllllll the love.

Masami: 3/10
This episode was a torpedo to the SS Masami. Asami is pretty much the only person in this relationship that's aware it's a relationship. Mako probably still harbors feelings for her, as I pointed out, he basically forgets Asami exists so he could focus on Korra. Perhaps they'll make amends, but overall I think this ship is going down fast.

Linzin: 5/10
The Lin Beifong/Tenzin Aangington dynamic to this episode wasn't touched on a lot, but what we were given was satisfying. Lin shows up in Tenzin's office and he immediately informs her she should be in the hospital. Not to mention you can just feel the love when Lin slaps Tenzin after they're knocked out by Tarrlok. While I doubt that Tenzin would leave Pema, a lot of fans seem to think she'll have Amon remove the bending of their fourth child, which could lead to them splitting up. So I'll keep my hopes up.

Linorra: 18,000/10
I MEAN GUYS COME ON SHE LEFT THE HOSPITAL JUST TO GO SAVE KORRA! OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER!

Komon: ?/10
This ship is one I've never really understood.... until now. Seeing as we got a glimpse of the Lieutenant during the Prison breakout, we know that Amon was informed that Team Avatar was searching for Korra. So him deciding to go after her himself could make a decent case for this ship, be it a cracked one or otherwise. Overall, this episode made Amon raise like 500 levels on the Infinite Scale of Complete Badassery given his lack of fuck-giving for Tarrlok's bloodbending, but also his pants-shittingly terrifying line "I am the solution." Say what you will about him, but you cannot deny Amon is Lord High King Badass in this series.

MeeloCubed: Infinite/10
GUYS. MEELO. IN A FLANNEL ONESIE. GUYS. MEELO. ONESIE. SO ADORABLE. HALP.

Ferretcest: Is IS THE ONE TRUE SHIP AND YOU CANNOT DENY IT! WE SHALL SAIL UPON IT'S GOLDEN HULL AND WITH SAILS OF SILVER FLY INTO THE ETERNAL SUNSET AND BASK IN ITS EVERLASTING MAJESTY! I REGRET NOTHING!! wrong.

Return to TV/Movies