Dawn's Drawings and Writings!♥

<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: Dawn's Drawings and Writings!♥

Chapter Six: The Painter of Souls

"Hello!"

Dawn would normally have never been this brave or sociable under normal circumstances, but this place was hardly normal. She was curious about the painter, and she wanted to talk about art to someone. And so she awkwardly said hello to a random person sitting on a bench. Said person looked up, smiling, and fixing the blue top hat on her head, She was lovely, she had blonde hair and sky blue eyes, and, again, thick eyebrows. Dawn immediately wondered if this painter and Peter happened to be related, when the girl spoke up with a jolly voice and a grin on her cute face.

"Ello there! I see you've noticed my royal eyebrows!"

Dawn nodded, and introduced herself, and the girl did the same.

"I'm Karia, from the Kingdom of Spades. I came here to improve my painting skills. Say, care for me to do a portrait of you? No charge!"

Dawn grinned and nodded, sitting down beside Karia, watching her paint, but something was strange. The portrait was looking nothing like Dawn at all, even in an abstract sense. Dawn waited until Karia finished, but Karia noticed her confused expression, and saved Dawn the trouble of asking.

"You're the Alice everyone's talking about, right? Well, see, I paint what's in a person's soul, not the outside. Look, see, this pink shape, it represents that you're still healing from something that hurt you in the past, and that purple shape represents, uh. Well, uh. You understand, right?"

She traced her finger around the phallic shaped purple blotch, and Dawn nodded, internally grinning at how spot-on the painting really was, especially when it came to the two C shapes. Karia wordlessly handed it to her with a blush painting her face, and Dawn waved bye to Karia, continuing on her merry way, being led by Gilbert until they stopped at the Diamond Castle's gates, where Gilbert looked at Dawn with a devilish grin.

"Come on, Dawn, ve're going to meet ze king."
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

Chapter Seven: Dining with The Diamond King

Dawn shook her head, frowning, but Gilbert started to pull her through the gate, past the watchful yellow-clad guards and into the elegant golden castle. She looked around her and then looked at herself self-consciously, not believing herself worthy of meeting a king. She tugged lightly on her petticoat, frowning, as Gilbert then stopped in front of a large, ornately decorated door, likely leading someplace important. Gilbert turned to her, grinning.

"Don't be nervous, frau. Zhe king vill love you, he's always happy to see a pretty frau. I'm close friends viz him and zhe Ace, so don't worry. I zink you look fine, and if zhe awesome me zinks so, then zhe king vill certainly agree."

Dawn smiled at Gilbert's attempts to reassure her, feeling glad that he wasn't just a cocky jerk like he seemed to be at times. He was a nice guy, after all. Gilbert then opened the doors to an amazingly beautiful throne room, filled with guards armed with swords, and plush red carpet underfoot. Stained-glass windows let in light, creating prisms of color across the glimmering golden walls. Dawn looked up at the lavishly decorated thrones, to see a beautiful man seated in the larger one. He had long, wavy blond hair that shimmered in the light, a light blond stubble across his chin, and shining blue eyes full of life, that drank in everything. His clothing was lavish and extravagant, pulling together his utter beauty. He smiled kindly as the two guests entered his throne room, and Dawn quickly curtseyed out of politeness as the king began to speak in a french accent that made her knees go weak.

"Bonjour, and welcome, to my kingdom. Gilbert, my friend, who is zis lovely lady you have brought?"

Gilbert walked casually up to the king, introducing Dawn as he went and stood beside the throne, leaning against it carelessly. Gilbert then casually wrapped his arm around the other man beside the king's throne, a handsome hispanic man with bright emerald green eyes and a lovely face, and chocolate brown hair, that made him seem rather relaxed in general. The king then spoke up again as Dawn shyly looked down at the floor.

"Do not be afraid, Dawn. I will not hurt such a lovely mademoiselle as yourself. I am Francis Bonnefoy, King of ze Diamond Kingdom, and that is my, friend, ze Ace of Diamonds, Antonio Fernandez Carriedo. Please come closer, don't be afraid."

Dawn did as the king asked and came closer, shaking from nervousness, as she has always been socially awkward. Gilbert then pulled her over to him, grinning mischievously. She blushed and frowned, but then saw how all eyes were on her and tried to relax, and managed a small smile. The king returned her smile with one of his own, and Dawn finally relaxed, when Gilbert spoke up.

"Hey, Dawn, did you know, zhe three of us, zhe awesome me, King Francis, and Antonio all together are ze best lovers in all of Vonderland?"

And then Dawn tensed up again, realizing that the look in the king's eyes was lust, and that she was really in some major trouble right now. She needed to choose her words and actions carefully, in order to avoid things from going too far. She kept on smiling though, even as she was being gazed at hungrily by the king. Gilbert grinned, wrapping an arm around Dawn as the king spoke again, inviting Dawn and Gilbert to lunch with him. Dawn accepted, feeling rather hungry herself as he stood up, his ermine cape trailing behind him on the red carpet as he led them through the castle into a large and elegant dining hall, to a table where a beautiful young woman about Dawn's age sat. She had short blonde hair and beautiful shining aqua green eyes, with a cute face trying it together. She had a crown of flowers across her head, and a sweet smile on her face as Dawn and the others entered. She wordlessly looked to the King, and he introduced Dawn to her without hesitation, as Dawn realized that the young lady was actually the Queen of Diamonds. The queen spoke up in a quiet, sweet voice, and Dawn smiled, seeing that she could already tell she and the soft spoken lady had something in common.

"Hello, I'm Lilli, the Queen of Diamonds. I hope we can be friends."

Dawn couldn't get over how sweet this girl was. She was tempted to run up and hug her, she was so cute, but Dawn repressed those urges and simply smiled, deciding that a conversation with her would be delightful.

"I hope so too, Your Majesty. You're very lucky to be married to such a kind and handsome man."

Wait, what? That just kind of slipped out. Dawn blushed and looked down at the delicious dish that had been prepared for her, but then looked back up upon hearing the queen giggle cutely and speak again.

"Oh, please, call me Lilli. And Dawn, I'm not actually married to him. We're just King and Queen for political reasons. But um, I think he likes you."

Dawn now blushed a very bright shade of pink, tinting all of her face, and even her ears, which caused the queen to giggle again, which made Dawn smile again. The luncheon continued like this, and before she knew it, Dawn was leaving the castle after saying a happy goodbye to the King and Queen.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Chapter Eight: The Snowy Kingdom of Clubs

As Dawn was leaving the Diamond Castle with Gilbert, a young man hopped, yes, hopped up to her anxiously, twitching and looking at her excitedly with blue-green eyes.

"Are you the Alice that fell out of the rabbit hole? The one Nick's been on about?"

Dawn nodded, and looked this man over, noticing that he had long blonde hair, and a pair of brown rabbit ears protruding from his head with a small black top hat between them. He wore a dark green suit with a rich green waistcoat, and kept looking at his gold pocket watch. He was rather handsome, albeit a little strange considering the way he bounced around and twitched.

"Good, good! Come with me, there's been a summons form the King of Clubs, he wants to see you immediately. Come, come with me. We don't want to make him angry!"

Dawn looked at Gilbert, whose eyes had widened and whose mouth was hanging open.

"Zhe King of Clubs vants to see zhe frau? I vas hoping ve could hang out a little more before heads rolled! Vhat does he vant vith Dawn?!"

Dawn was shocked, Gilbert seemed almost on the verge of panic.

"Count me out! Sorry Dawn, but I don't vant to lose mein awesome head today! I'll see you later!"

Gilbert disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving Dawn with the strange rabbit-man, who then spoke up and began talking very quickly.

"Right, right. I'm the March Hare, but you can call me Tod. Here, this way, I can take you to the Kingdom of Clubs in a jiffy with this flying machine Doctor Nick invented!"

Tod then led Dawn to a flying machine, or, to be precise, the flying bike from Leonardo Da Vinci's sketches. Dawn marveled at this, and received a laugh from Tod when she asked if it worked, because he apparently arrived there with it, despite physics not working that way. Dawn climbed on, and Tod began pedaling, and sure enough, they attained flight, taking off into the sky, east towards the Club Kingdom. After several minutes of defying gravity, they landed, touching down in a snowy forest. Dawn smiled, and leaped off the craft, jumping around in the snow, full of sheer glee. Tod lead the skipping Dawn through for a while, before reaching a clearing, where Dawn saw the most amazing sight yet.

The sun was breaking through the clouds, and the trees made entirely of ice began refracting light into rainbows, glowing and illuminating the ground. Large pink crystals were sticking out of the ground, sparkling in the light, creating even more luminance on the snowy white ground. Dawn gasped in awe at the beautiful sight, before letting out a cry of "I'm in heaven!" and running forward, letting go of all her inhibitions and dancing, and singing like she was the happiest girl in the world, which she was at the moment. Tod watched a moment, before joining her in her merriment, forgetting all about why they had come in the first place. They danced and sang until they both collapsed into the snow, laughing.

"What were we supposed to be doing here, again?"

Dawn asked the question innocently, and this caused Tod to remember why they were here, so he jumped back to his feet and proceeded to pull Dawn towards the Clubs Castle, into the Royal Gardens, where she saw three men with paint buckets and brushes at a rosebush, painting the blooms yellow. She stopped and walked over to them dragging a panicky Tod with her, wanting to know why the roses were being painted yellow and not red.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Chapter Nine: Painting the Roses... Yellow?

"Hey, uh, Gardeners? You're doing it wrong."

Dawn walked up to the three gardeners, one tall and blonde with blue eyes and glasses, one with brown hair and green eyes, and one that was short with blond hair and violet eyes. Dawn approached them, disregarding the flailing Tod behind her. She politely asked why they were painting the roses yellow, and the brunette replied with a slightly shaky voice.

"Well, the fact is, miss, we planted white roses by mistake! And the king likes them yellow! If he saw the flowers like this, he'd raise a fuss and each of us would quickly lose our heads! Since this is the part we dread, we're painting the roses yellow!"

Dawn looked on, and while normally she'd have helped, the panicked Tod literally dragged her away, as a man came up, with spiky gravity defying blonde hair and bright blue eyes, began talking quietly to the gardeners, sadly shaking his head. Dawn listened in and heard that the king had apparently been told of the painted roses, and that they were to be executed shortly. Dawn was shocked at this, and also saddened. Perhaps, she could convince the king to let them go. With this goal in mind, Dawn let Tod lead her to the Clubs Castle, and looking at it intently, she saw how beautiful it was, and she recognized its design as being distinctly Russian.

She was lead inside and she looked around eagerly at the decorations, immediately forgetting why she was gonna go see the king. The halls were decorated in various shades of green, but there were sunflowers everywhere, mostly in painting form. She looked around, noticing the frames to these paintings were made of pure gold, with emeralds set in them, and she quickly found herself in front of another set of golden doors. She looked at Tod wordlessly, and he pushed open the doors and led her into a gorgeous throne room, where the floor, upon inspection, was actually made of emerald. The walls were painted a calming shade of pastel green, with more sunflower paintings on the walls and the windows were open, allowing the white light of day to illuminate the room. Dawn looked at the figure seated in the king's throne in quiet awe.

He was tall and imposing, but also very handsome. His light blond hair shimmered in the white light and accented his violet eyes that swirled with emotion. His skin was a very pale color, much like Dawn's own, probably because it seemed to snow constantly here. He had a large nose, but otherwise he seemed almost unreal, he was so beautiful. He was dressed in various deep shades of green, along with many white furred trimmings. Dawn gulped and blushed, curtseying politely as the man spoke up in a surprisingly soft, yet cute voice.

"You are the Alice the doctor has informed me of, da? You are very pretty."

Dawn then blushed brighter, and thanked him for the compliment, introducing herself quietly. She walked forward, coming a little closer at the King's beckoning.

"I am Ivan Braginski, King of Clubs. I rule this cold kingdom. It is nice meeting you, da? Come closer, I want to see your pretty face."

He smiled gently, and Dawn finally relaxed, coming closer to him, and listening to him as he spoke in that gentle voice. She couldn't believe Tod had acted so afraid of him, he was so cute. Tod stood by, worried about Dawn's safety, knowing the king's propensity towards cruelty. Dawn smiled at him, listening intently to his words and let her worries fall away.

"It has been a long time since I have had a guest. The Queen never pays much attention to me, since we aren't married, so I am very lonely. It makes me very happy to see you visit me with a smile. Will you be my friend, da?"

Dawn couldn't possibly say no and when the king suddenly stood up and embraced her in a warm hug, she felt like she had went to fluffy warm heaven, because he was almost a foot taller than her. She totally forgot about helping the poor gardeners, and being wrapped in a hug like she was, didn't hear the cheers and jeers as the men who had been painting the roses yellow lost their heads.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Chapter Ten: The Jack's Concert

After several moment, the king released Dawn from his hug, smiling, and she herself smiled as well, flushed from the affection. She looked at the floor, her shyness returning with a vengeance. Ivan sat back down in his throne, with a satisfied look in his eye, speaking again to her.

"The Jack is having a concert tonight, would you like to attend with me? He is the best musician in all of Wonderland, and I would love to have a companion." Upon seeing Dawn nod excitedly, he spoke again. "Why don't you look around the castle? The Jack should be practicing, and the Queen is never far from him. It will be a couple of hours until the concert starts."

Dawn smiled and curtseyed again, taking her leave with Tod, whom then began to roam the castle with her. After what seemed to be ages of walking around the lavish castle, Dawn heard a melodious sound, and walking towards it, found a piano room, where a beautiful brown-haired woman stood outside, listening. She had eyes green like grass, and a pink flower in her hair, contrasting the green dress she wore. She sighed happily, before noticing Dawn's approach. Dawn saw Tod bow, and realized that this woman was the queen, so Dawn hastily curtseyed. The queen smiled, and spoke up.

"Hello, you must be the Alice that Doctor Nick was on about. How do you do? I'm Elizaveta, Queen of Clubs."

She extended her hand and Dawn shook it, relaxing at the queen's informal demeanor. Dawn then heard the music, and closed her eyes, gently swaying her head in tune, which caused the queen to smile and speak again.

"He's amazing, isn't he? Roderich is in there practicing for the concert tonight. I assume King Ivan invited you? Good, I'm certain you'll enjoy it, after all Roderich is the best musician to grace the world."

Dawn saw the glint in the queen's eyes as she spoke and smiled, seeing that the queen loved the musician with all her heart. Curious as to this musician's appearance, Dawn peeked into the doorway, and was immediately awestruck at the man playing the piano. Out of all the people she had seen, he was definitely one of the most beautiful, which was saying something. He had silky, shiny brown hair with a curl that stood out from the side of his head, his eyes were closed, which showed off his long eyelashes, and he had a mole on his cheek, along with glasses, which, along with his green outfit befitting an aristocrat, made him easily one of the most beautiful, yet unobtainable men she had ever seen, and perhaps the fact that she couldn't have him made him even more beautiful. She stared in awe at him for several more moments, before being lightly nudged by the queen. Dawn blushed and mumbled an apology, which caused the queen to laugh. Dawn smiled, relaxing again and this time closing her eyes to listen to the music. after a few minutes the music stopped, and Elizaveta pulled Dawn away, to her bedroom.

"Come on, I'm gonna pretty you up. Ivan's never gotten to spend time with someone like this, so we want to make sure he's happy."

Dawn nodded, as Elizaveta began curling Dawn's hair and putting makeup on her, humming a tune. When she finished, she gave Dawn a mirror, and she nodded with a smile. They were all set for the concert, and together they walked out, hand in hand like childhood friends and climbed in a carriage with her, and rode to the Concert hall, chatting about how they were. Dawn felt all her worries fade again, and when they stopped at the Hall, Dawn was helped out by the footman, as was Elizaveta, and together they strolled up to the highest balcony, reserved only for the royals. Ivan was already there, and Dawn sat down next to him, smiling, while he looked mildly surprised.

"Dawn, I thought you might not come. Did you get all dressed up for me? No need, you are already pretty enough."

Dawn flushed at his compliment, and smiled at him, as the music started and she closed her eyes, losing herself to the music. She felt a hand hold hers, but by that point, she was barely conscious, because of the music moving her very soul. it wasn't until several hours later, when night had fallen and the concert had ended that she faded back into reality, and realized that Ivan was holding her hand. She turned bright red and looked at him, unable to even think properly, as he smiled back at her, making her melt on the inside. But amidst all the feelings in her mind, she had the strangest feeling that she had forgotten something extremely important.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:43 am

Chapter Eleven: Meeting the Mad Scientist

While Dawn was enjoying being overwhelmed by feelings, Tod was running through the halls of the Castle of Clubs, panicking. Dawn had been whisked away by royalty to a concert, and she had no idea about the cruelty King Ivan inflicted on others, which made poor Tod very worried for her safety. He ran around the castle's hallways and yelling random nonsense, hoping that if he ran around enough, he'd run into her, but soon he ran into someone that wasn't Dawn.

All the while, the concert had ended, and Dawn could not shake the nagging voice in her head that said she was being stupid and forgetting something. She left with King Ivan, walking beside him, smiling as his warm gloved hand held hers, until she looked up and saw her friend looking at her anxiously. She smiled and greeted him, but was more than surprised when Tod pulled her away with surprising strength and dragged her out of the concert hall, outside to a man who had apparently been waiting for them. Dawn was frustrated and demanded answers, to which Tod replied shakily.

"You don't understand, Dawn! King Ivan, he's very very dangerous! While you were meeting him, those gardeners were executed! They lost their heads! He's cruel, Dawn, and he might hurt you!"

Dawn, however, wasn't shocked at all. She had seen something dark swirling behind those violet eyes of Ivan's, and it drew her in like a moth to a flame. Dawn had always had an attraction to morbid things, and she felt she could identify with Ivan, as she also enjoyed gore. However, she couldn't deny that she did want her head to stay where it was, so she nodded. She figured she could always come back if she wanted to wander into danger's arms. Tod smiled and nodded, gesturing to the man watching them.

"This is Doctor Professor Mister Nick, and he's been wanting to meet you ever since he spotted you falling down the rabbit hole. Nick, this is Dawn, the Alice you've been looking for."

The doctor certainly didn't seem like one. His acid green eyes swirled with madness, contrasting his brown hair that was starting to go gray. Like Tod, he was dressed in a rich green suit and waistcoat, but notably he had several pocket watches instead of one, and his suit seemed to be decorated with brass gears. He had a large black top hat on his head that was also decorated with brass gears that actually turned, and had brass exhaust pipes coming off of it, releasing puffs of steam. Dawn was rather awestruck at the stylish doctor, until he started speaking very, very quickly.

"Alice! Alice! I'm Nick. Nick. Like you! From Overworld! Heard you were with Ivan. Worried. Save you! Take you with us! On flying bike! On tour! With us! Wonderland! Tour!"

The man them jumped onto the bike giggling with mad glee and Tod followed, as did Dawn, chuckling at the funny man.
After much pedaling and more strange remarks from Nick, they took off, flying west, and touching down in the country of Jokers again, right next to the border of the Spades Kingdom. As Nick began flying off again, Tod hopped off the craft, staying with Dawn as Nick was yelling out farewells.

"Well, Dawn, I'm late for the tea party. Would you like to come with me? It's not too far from here."

Dawn couldn't possibly say no, not to the idea of eating some sweets. She linked arms with him and began singing whatever nonsense lyrics came to mind, skipping away to a mad tea party.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

TEA PARTY!!!!
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 am

YES TEA PARTY. WE MEET SOMEONE YOU'RE VERY FAMILIAR WITH ALREADY!
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Chapter Twelve: A Mad Tea Party

Dawn and Tod made their way through a beautiful forest of blue crystallized trees and shallow pools of crystal clear water. Inside these trees were glowing yellow orbs that illuminated the night, creating reflections of light off the puddles and the leaves that were made of shining silver. All different kinds of creatures buzzed around, like birds with heads of pencils and scissors, dogs made of paper, and green pigs making strange noises. Blue fairies floated around, beginning to follow the jolly pair of Dawn and Tod to their party.

The duo eventually reached an unusual house painted cutesy pastel shades of pink, blue and purple, and the roof was a giant hat! Dawn gazed the the curious little home before Tod pulled her back into her senses and led her to a garden, where a very, very long table was set out and set with dozens of differently colored teapots, teacups, and other such things, but what attracted Dawn's attention the most was a large platter of brightly colored cupcakes in the very middle. The cupcakes seemed to have been freshly baked, as the scent they exuded was one of pure sugary sweetness. Dawn nearly began drooling, for cupcakes were one of her biggest weaknesses, but managed to snap herself out of it when Tod had to again pull her along. He lead her to one end of the table, away form the cupcakes, where two people had evidently been waiting for them.

The first one there was a young woman with long brown hair, lying her head on the table and lightly snoring, surrounded by empty boxes of wine. She had little mouse ears protruding from her head and her tail drooped to the ground. She was very cute, and Dawn wanted to reach out and touch her fuzzy little ears. Tod was poking her with a spoon, trying to rouse her, by calling "Wake up, Mari! We have a guest," and pouring tea on her nose. Since the tea was hot, that caused her to open her brown eyes for a moment and mutter out a hello before falling back to sleep.

Dawn turned her attention to the other guest, who was sitting there quietly, intently gazing at Dawn with a mysterious grin on his face. Her eyes met his for a moment and she blushed, looking away before sneaking a glance back at the man again. He was handsome, with strawberry blonde hair peeking out from under a lavender top hat with a blue ribbon and fair skin, with freckles decorating his pretty face, along with more bushy eyebrows. He wore a pale pink long-sleeved shirt with a lavender vest over it, with a light blue bowtie, and tan pants. What stood out the most though, were his eyes. They were like cotton candy, being sky blue with pink swirls in them, and for a moment, Dawn swore the pink formed into a heart shape before swirling again.

She looked at Tod, who started to speak before the fashionably dressed man got up, walking to Dawn and introducing himself with a British accented voice that made her stomach flutter.

"Ello, poppet. My name is Oliver Kirkland. It's wonderful to meet you."

Dawn smiled and introduced herself, attempting to ignore the the emphasis he placed on the word wonderful in his introduction, and curtseyed again for what felt like the fiftieth time that day. She quickly tensed up, however, and turned bright red when Oliver took her hand in his and kissed it. She began stuttering and Oliver quickly picked up on that, smiling and inviting her to sit with him. He poured her some tea and offered her a cupcake, which she quickly accepted and began eating happily, starting by licking the icing. He watched her eat the cupcake he had ever so lovingly made with a strange mixture of love and lust in his swirling cotton-candy eyes. Dawn was oblivious to Oliver's gaze upon her, enjoying the sugary sweet taste of the cupcake she was devouring. After she had finished eating the cupcake, Dawn smiled, and complimented him on how delicious it was, not noticing the icing on the sides of her mouth. He reached out a hand, wiping the icing off with his finger, making her blush, and licking it off rather suggestively. He then spoke again, keeping her mind captive with his words.

"I've never had such a lovely guest to one of my tea parties before. Tell me, poppet, would you be interested in having a hat made for you? I am a hatter, after all."

Dawn nodded, only halfway hearing his words through his lovely accent. She grinned, feeling a familiar feeling coil inside her stomach and radiate downwards, that she was unable to stop. Her mind was held captive by this strange hatter, and she didn't mind that at all. Oliver held out his hand and Dawn took it, feeling giddy inside. He started to lead her to his house, and Tod saw this, beginning to feel worried. Oliver lead Dawn to a design room full of hats that were already finished, hats that were still in progress, and all kinds of fabrics used for the making of hats. He lead her to a chair, where he kindly told her to sit and close her eyes, which she did. She waited for a moment, curious as to what Oliver was going to do, when she felt a soft pair of lips meet her own. Her eyes flew open and she turned bright red seeing Oliver was indeed kissing her, but before she could react or even process what was going on, Tod burst into the room, causing Oliver to draw back quickly. Tod ran over and grabbed Dawn's arm and began to pull the stunned girl away, as Oliver watched, a satisfied smirk gracing his lips.

Tod dragged her outside, back into the garden, where she finally finished processing the fact that she had just had her very first kiss. Tod noticed how shocked she was and began talking quickly, almost too quickly for Dawn to understand.

"You just love danger, don't you! Don't you know the hatter's mad? Mercury and all that! He'll lure you in with cupcakes and sweet words and then do terrible things to you! He'll take you away from us! I need to take you to the clockmaker, perhaps he can fix you, it seems you've been broken!"

Dawn stood there, confused, unable to form a reply to that as she was dragged away down deeper into the woods of the Kingdom of Spades.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

AceAna

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Ur a great writer:3 Can u copy/paste this is windows writer thingie and print me out a copie when u finish ?(U dont have to:3) Its just bc i like to read and this should be a book:3
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Chapter Thirteen: The Strange Clockmaker

Dawn finally woke up from her hormone-induced trance when Tod had already reached the door to a small home and began knocking anxiously. She looked around, now having no idea where she was and turned her attention to the house in front of her. It was a small white house, it looked rather cozy and warm, as somewhere along the trip from the hatter's home to where they were then, the sky had begun pouring ice-cold drops of rain, and Dawn was freezing because of it.

Soon enough the door opened and Tod pulled Dawn inside, as she looked around seeing clocks. Clocks of all shapes and sizes were everywhere. Fancy, simple, big, small, fancy, plain, all kinds of clocks. Dawn then looked to the table in front of her, seeing a table where a young man worked on a clock. He actually seemed to be younger than Dawn, from what she could tell at least. He had dark hair and a cute face, and he was dressed a lot like Nick was, but his suit was in a snappy shade of blue, and where Nick had functioning gears on his top hat, this man had about fifteen different clocks on his, all ticking in perfect time with each other. Tod noticed the young man and ended up having to slam a heavy hammer down on the worktable to rouse the young clockmaker, who was startled and jumped up to attention.

"Whoa! What's going on-Oh, it's just you, Tod. You scared me there. What's up?" He quickly noticed Dawn looking on, and introduced himself without need to be told to. "Hey there, I'm Daniel, the local clockmaker and general handyman. If it's broken, I can fix it!"

Tod just looked at him in disbelief, like he was expecting something from the young man, and then quickly explained how Oliver had apparently broken Dawn, which made the latter frown. She crossed her arms, slightly upset that Tod had dragged her away from possibly getting some love, but since she was terrible with directions and had no clue how to get back there, she was stuck where she was. Meanwhile, Daniel was explaining how irrational Tod was being to him.

"Why do you always look at me like that? Do you expect me to say a dick joke every time I see someone? Besides, even if Dawn is broken, which she probably isn't, I couldn't fix her anyway, because I only do mechanical repairs."

This irritated Tod to no end, but what irritated him even more was when he turned around and saw that Dawn was no longer standing there, frowning, but gleefully dancing in the rain, apparently on some sort of emotional high. Tod swore he would never understand the effect romance seemed to have on women, especially Dawn.

Dawn, meanwhile, had finally hit the emotional crescendo that came with having her first kiss. She found her heart a flutter and she quickly began singing the cheesiest romance songs she could think of. That's right, she had hit the emotional high where one begins acting like a Disney character, singing and dancing no matter how inconvenient or unwise the situation. She was in that state that permanently damages the sanity, and unthinking, she strolled into the forest, caring not where she went.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Chapter Fourteen: Singing in the Rain!

Dawn was happily leaping through the forest, twirling and pirouetting like she used to when taking dance lessons as a child. She sang, and sang, but she just couldn't find a song to express her elation, until she happened to leap into an inch-deep puddle. Landing in that puddle told her exactly what to sing, and quickly began humming the iconic tune, until she burst into song. She was indeed singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling.

As she danced through the indigo forest singing cheesy show tunes, Dawn didn't totally realize how much of an idiot she was being until her voice started to die out and the rain had become a full-on downpour. She stood under a tree and looked around, trying to figure out which way she should go. The sound of a palm hitting a forehead was drowned out by the sound of the heavy rain, and Dawn began to realize what shit she was in.

Dawn was going to catch pneumonia and die in the Kingdom of Spades an unaccomplished virgin. She tried to suppress her tears, but her emotions got ahead of her again and she began crying. Not ordinary "Wahhhh, okay, now I'm better," crying, but deep, anguished wailing, the weeping that could only come from a doomed soul. Dawn was certain that she was going to die, all because she decided to start singing in the rain in her moment of sheer idiocy. She wept, knowing that no one could ever find her body in this deep thicket and mourned for herself, upset that she has screwed herself over this badly. When poor Dawn had no more tears to shed, she sat down in a puddle, soaking herself even more, and stared blankly ahead, waiting for her death to come. She was gazing intently at the glowing flowers in front of her, when she noticed something very odd about one of them.

Dawn reached out towards the flower and pulled out the protruding fairy wing, naturally pulling the fairy with it. She then let go of the fairy, and had an idea. She attempted to talk to the fairies and they seemed to understand her, hell, they seemed to be shocked she could even see them.

"Can you please lead me to someplace safe from this rain? I'm going to die out here if I can't find shelter!"

The fairies were all eager to help someone who could see them, and began leading her through the forest. Following them, Dawn ran as fast as she could, before tripping on a gnarled root and falling face first into a shallow puddle, hitting her head on the hard ground. Dawn stood up and shook her head, sprinting to catch up with the fairies that apparently had not noticed her fall and were leaving her behind. She finally caught up to them and urged them, panting, to slow down. They did, but they gradually sped up again, forcing her to sprint again, and tripping again, this time by sliding because of the rain. She slid forward at a high speed and hit her head directly on the rock in front of her. Her head immediately began aching severely and she got up again, beginning to feel dizzy. She managed to yell out to the fairies and they came back to help her. An arrangement was quickly made between Dawn and the glowing blue creatures, one of them was leading Dawn onwards while the others helped her keep her balance as the world began shifting and spinning around her. She and the fairies walked slowly, because Dawn kept stumbling and the fairies had to catch her each time. They continued on in this fashion until they reached a house. The light orbs in the trees were seemingly beginning to dim, and darkness quickly began clouding her vision. She was beginning to feel very nauseous and weak, and she didn't care whose house this was because she was dying, dammit. She made it to the door and tried opening it, to no avail. She cried out for help and banged her fists against the door with what little strength she had left, and passed out on the ground just as the door opened and a figure leaned over her.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Chapter Fifteen: The Tour

Dawn awoke to rays of sunlight shining gently on her face. She opened her eyes and looked around, turning her eyes to the door as it opened. Dawn smiled as Peter and Gilbert came walking in, and she realized she had wandered back into the Country of Jokers. She sat up, and began to crawl out of bed, but Dawn was suddenly stricken with dizziness and fell back down. Peter then uncorked a bottle full of a bubbling purple liquid, and instructed Dawn to drink it, as apparently it was some kind of healing elixir. She quickly downed it all in one gulp, tasting much sugar, caffeine, and artificial fruit flavoring, along with some other taste she couldn't quite place. She looked at the two boys, with a expression of amusement.

"Faygo is a healing potion?"

The two boys just stood there, apparently confused. Dawn decided to put the references aside and got out of bed stretching, her mind now crystal clear.

"So, what are we gonna do today, guys?"

The two concerned friends urged Dawn to lie back down, but she refused. There was plenty more of Wonderland to explore, and she wasn't going to waste any more time lying in the admittedly-comfy bed. She asked again what the plans for the day were, and both spoke at once, but thankfully, Dawn was able to make out what each said.

"Ve vill be touring Zhe Kingdom of Hearts!"

"We're going to visit the Kingdom of Spades!"

The two then began squabbling and arguing about who Dawn was going with, and eventually, Dawn settled it herself, with a flip of a coin. She pulled out a quarter from the pocket of her jeans that were sitting nearby, and explained the rules. After the boys made their calls, Dawn flipped the coin. The coin landed in Gilbert's favor, and Dawn hugged the pouting Peter, promising to tour with him as soon as she returned from the Heart kingdom. Gilbert and Dawn quickly set off, strolling south. As they went, they began talking, and Gilbert began to inform her of the Heart kingdom.

"I've been excited to take you here zhe most, Dawn! You see, Zhis is my favorite of zhe four kingdoms. And do you know why? Because the King of Hearts is mien younger brother! I would have been King if I didn't choose to become a Joker and go neutral, but it's good zhat way because I don't care for politics. It'll be nice to see him again, since it's been a while."

Dawn nodded, excited for some adventure. This time she was going to make sure to stay by Gilbert's side, she didn't want to almost lose her life again because of her own stupidity. Smiling, the two friends crossed the border, eager to explore the vast land in front of them.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Chapter 16: The Kingdom of Hearts

Together, Dawn and Gilbert entered a beautiful meadow, full of small, gnarled trees with ruby leaves, rocks in the shape of hearts, and large red roses growing all around with blooms as big as Dawn's head. Everywhere, there were amazing creatures, cute pink-furred rabbits and beautiful crimson cats, and of course, more fairies fluttering about. They were like bugs, all over the place, but much more pretty and much less icky. Together Dawn and Gilbert walked through this meadow, and Gilbert spoke up, curious.

"Hey, Dawn, How did you find zhe Rabbit Hole, anyway? I've been wondering that for a while."

Dawn stopped walking, and thought back, struggling to remember the last few chaotic days.

"Well, I was sitting in my backyard, reading. I heard a noise, and-Oh, right! The rabbit! I saw a boy, he had these fluffy white rabbit ears, and blonde hair. He was dressed all in blue and he had a watch, so maybe he's a Spade? He ran away and I followed him, and that's how I found the Rabbit Hole. I jumped in and after a while of falling, I found myself in the forest, in the Kingdom of Jokers. That's how I got here."

Gilbert then ran his fingers through his white hair that shined in the morning's light, and made a strange little grunt as he thought about it deeply. After a moment, he shrugged, saying that he doesn't do a lot of deep thinking very often. Onward they went, into a town, and Dawn gasped in surprise, as the town was very modern compared to the other places she had been in Wonderland. This town had vending machines, TVs, and even neon signs! However, all the mechanical things seemed to be made of bronze and brass, and emitted steam. Dawn and Gilbert were in a literal steampunk town. Gilbert noted Dawn's fascination and decided to show off his (limited) knowledge.

"Zhis is zhe Kingdom of Hearts, zhe most technically advanced of zhe four kingdoms! See zhat over zhere? It's called a Television."

Dawn chuckled, before replying that these things all existed in her world, But not powered by steam, nor were they made of brass or bronze. Gilbert was annoyed at first, because he had failed to impress Dawn, but quickly cheered up.

"Vell, it makes sense since Doctor Nick came from your world. Even zhough he lives in zhe Club Kingdom, Zhis is zhe kingdom zhat invests most in his inventions, so it's more high-tech here."

Gilbert lead Dawn to a train station, where they quickly boarded a steam train and Dawn sat in the caboose with Gilbert, smiling. Having claimed the window seat, Dawn turned her attention to the scene outside as the train began its journey to the Castle of Hearts. As the train sped up, Dawn watched in wonder as dozens of red trees zoomed by, as the day began to change from a cool morning to a warm afternoon. She began to get sleepy and slowly her eyes closed.

Dawn awoke at the sound of Gilbert urging her to awaken, since they had arrived at their destination. She opened her eyes to see that she had apparently been resting her head on his shoulder. This made her blush, so she quickly sat up and left the train, leaving behind a laughing Gilbert. She walked out of the train station and stared up at the castle before her in awe. It was quite unlike she had been expecting. The castle was indeed in Asian style, Japanese to be specific. It was very simple, and yet also very elegant, and Dawn found this to make it even more alluring. Gilbert noticed her staring, and again began attempting to flaunt his knowledge.

"It's kind of funny, zhe citizens of zhe Kingdoms of Hearts and Spades tend to love zheir queens' styles of designs more, where zhe people of zhe Kingdoms of Clubs and Diamonds prefer their kings' styles. Just something interesting I noticed. Ready to meet mein brother, Dawn?"

Dawn nodded, smiling and the two made their approach to the Castle of Hearts.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Chapter Seventeen: The King and Queen of Hearts.

Together Dawn and Gilbert entered the castle, walking through room after room of elegantly simple decorations, until they reached a throne room, where two men sat.

On the smaller throne, a short young man of Asian descent sat, wearing a simple red kimono. He had beautiful chocolate brown eyes and short black hair, and wore a small smile on his face as Dawn and Gilbert entered. The other man, the one sitting in the larger throne, had slicked-back blonde hair, sky blue eyes, and what seemed to be a very muscular frame beneath the layers of lavish garments he was wearing. The red crown on his head matched the golden scepter he held in his right hand, and his thick red-and-pink clothes contrasted beautifully with his azure eyes.

Dawn found herself confused, wondering where the queen was, but curtseyed anyway out of politeness. Gilbert began snickering, noticing Dawn's confused expression, and nudged her, bringing her back to her senses. The King began to speak in a deep and beautiful voice, addressing Dawn and Gilbert.

"Hello, Gilbert, it is nice to be seeing you again. Hello, Dawn. I am Ludvig Beilschmidt, King of Hearts, and this is my close friend and ally, Kiku Honda, zhe Queen of hearts. It is a great pleasure to finally meet you."

Dawn smiled and bowed as she attempted to tell them about herself, but found herself barely able to get in a word as Gilbert kept interrupting her. She didn't mind, however, and chose to listen to Gilbert chattering away with his brother.

"So zhen, I don't know how it happened, But there she is, right on my doorstep, soaking vet and passed out. I managed to get her back to health, and we decided to come see you! So, here ve are!"

Dawn chuckled at Gilbert's wild gestures while telling his stories and and simply chose to listen, until the Queen addressed her in a soft tone of voice.

"Herro Dawn. Might I ask if you are attending the festivar a few days from now?"

Dawn simply looked at the Queen quizzically, and Kiku went on to explain.

"There will be a Royar Festivar in a few days in the Kingdom of Diamonds, and all of us Kings and Queens wirr be there. I would rike to see you there."

Dawn grinned wide at this, she had always loved fairs and festivals, and she was eager to see everyone again, and she was especially excited to meet the King and Queen of Spades. She nodded in affirmation of the Queen's invitation, and turned to Gilbert, who the addressed Dawn.

"Hey, Dawn, you want zhe full tour? I can show you around here, since I know zhis kingdom zhe best."

Dawn eagerly nodded, and replied with a casual "Why not," before politely saying goodbye to the King and Queen, and walking out of the castle with her friend, off to adventure.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Oh no! You went with the "Asians can't pronounce L's"!
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Hey, I'm just using the accent that was in the show.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Chapter Eighteen: The Lion and The Unicorn

Together, Dawn and Gilbert walked out of the castle city, where Gilbert began leading her down a path in the red woods, where they reached a slide that just seemed to be there for no reason at all. It stood out like a sore thumb and was obviously man-made, and Dawn yelped when Gilbert grabbed her hand and jumped on the slide, both sliding together on their backs. When Dawn saw a large gap ahead, she screamed, but Gilbert just grinned. The two slide off the gap, and landed on a giant glowing mushroom, which bounced them high into the air, causing Dawn to cling to Gilbert in fear. He chuckled as they fell, landing on another slide.

"Chill out, Dawn. I know vhat I'm doing."

Dawn simply continued clinging to Gilbert nervously, until the slide finally dropped off at the ground, at some kind of colosseum, where she could hear loud cheering. Gilbert lead her inside, where she saw two tanned, muscled men fighting in the center of the colosseum. From what she could see, one was wearing tan pants, with a leather jacket with brown fur around his neck resembling a lion's mane. The other was wearing a white mask that included a horn on his face and a fez, along with white pants, and no shirt. Dawn watched intently, as the two fought, yelling curses and insults at each other while trading hits.

The one looking like a lion seemed to be winning, when the head spectator, Dawn recognized him as King Ludwig, called for a break. Gilbert and Dawn went down to the bottom, where the two men had been fighting, and Dawn wandered over to the one with the fur as the King came down from his seat, walking in between the two competitors. The two began quickly arguing over who was winning, until Dawn spoke up and asked what they were fighting for.

"The crown, of course."

The King made a face, before matter-of-factly stating that neither of them would have his crown, and walking away. With that, Dawn was handed a tray of plum-cake, and not liking plums, she divided it into pieces and gave them away to the Lion and Unicorn. Dawn looked around, seeing that everyone but a group of drummers had left. Curious, she started to ask why they were there when Gilbert grabbed her arm and began dragging her away as this awful, cacophonous drumming started that seemed to invade her ears. No matter how deeply she dug her fingers into her ears the sound pierced through, causing her to drop to the ground, eyes squeezed shut in agony.

Then, as suddenly as the sound started, it was gone. Dawn opened her eyes and looked around, seeing Gilbert sitting beside her and noticing they were now in front of a quaint little house painted sky blue and royal blue. Dawn looked at Gilbert, who simply spoke with a jolly tone.

"Come on Dawn, I vant to introduce you to zhe Tweedles!"
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Chapter Nineteen: The Tweedles' Lesson

Gilbert walked up to the little house and knocked on the royal blue door, which was quickly answered by two young men, both dressed in suits and top hats. One was in royal blue, and the other was in sky blue, with a purple scarf around his neck. Dawn immediately felt jealousy of the sheer amount of fancy the sky blue one was putting out, but simply smiled, keeping those thoughts to herself. Gilbert walked back over to Dawn, to introduce them to her.

"Dawn, zhis is Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dum."

The sky blue one who had been referred to as Dum quickly spoke up, apparently annoyed, and the Royal blue one, whom was referred to as Dee, spoke as well.

"It's rather rude to call someone dumb! Very rude indeed!"

"Indeed! And you should call before coming!"

Gilbert interjected, claiming that the tweedles had never given him their number, but the two continued their lecture.

"Doesn't matter! You should always send word before you come!"

"And you can't begin a conversation properly without proper warning! How a conversation should start is by saying 'How do you do?' shaking hands, and stating your name and business!"

"That's manners!"

Dawn stood there a moment staring blankly at the two, opening her mouth to speak only to be interrupted again.

"If you think we're waxworks you ought to pay, you know."

"Contrariwise, if you think we're alive, you ought to speak."

Dawn began to speak again, only to be interrupted yet again, which left her just short of fuming. What was with these wonderland people and not letting her talk?

"No, we're not related, young lady."

"Contrariwise, we will be soon as we're in the process of fusion."

As Dum finished speaking, a great wind began to blow, and the two blue-clad men ran back into their little house, locking the door as the skies darkened, screaming about a great crow. Dawn looked up and saw that the crow was indeed so big that it's wings made strong winds, and it nearly covered the entire sky. Dawn screamed and clung to Gilbert, who held onto her tightly and put his back to a tree, bracing the storm.

And as suddenly as the crow had arrived, it was gone, leaving the sun shining and the sky clear like nothing had even happened.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Chapter Twenty: The Cheshire Cat's Query

Dawn let go of Gilbert, looking about her confusedly. She was never going to get used to the way things always seemed to happen so suddenly here in Wonderland. She looked at Gilbert, who shrugged. The two went on forward, heading down a path until Dawn heard tweeting, and looking up at the little yellow bird that had managed to somehow stay on Gilbert's head, she saw that it seemed to be angrily chirping at something. Following Gilbird's gaze, she then saw what had the little thing so agitated.

Spread out a branch, grinning, was none other than the Cheshire cat.

"Hello again, Alice. Lost?" Before Dawn or Gilbert could interject, He continued, keeping that devilish grin on his face. "You wish you were in the Country of Spades, don't you? Someone there you want to see. I can help you. Normally, you'd have to go north. But, I prefer the short-cut." He pulled on the twig of a tree and a door opened, sure enough leading into the Spades Forest. "But.. aren't you forgetting something really important to you? Something precious?" He began laughing in an eerie manner and vanished slowly, leaving Dawn confused.

"Am I forgetting something? No, I can't think of anything... But, there is someone I want to see. Come on, Gilbert!"

Dawn dashed into the doorway, determined to hunt down Oliver, and Gilbert followed, unknowing who she was after. If he had known, perhaps he'd have stopped her. Together they ran for a ways, before finding a path. Deciding to follow it, Gilbert looked around, trying to figure out where in the Spades Forest they were. Looking around him, he was unable to decide, and looked to Dawn to see if she knew anything.

Dawn was, however, crouched in front of some blue tulips, seemingly whispering to nothing from Gilbert's point of view, when in reality, she was asking the fairies sitting in the tulips where to go. After a short conversation, Dawn thanked the fairies and stood up, motioning that they needed to go forward.

Onward they went, Along the path until they reached a quaint little house painted in calming shades of blue, and had large white rabbit ears sticking out of the roof, with the chimney between them. Gilbert smiled in recognition, while Dawn frowned, wanting to find Oliver already.

"Dawn, zhis is ze White Rabbit's house! Have you met him?"
CHEEZBURGERS
PreviousNext

Return to Shameless Self-Promotion