FAQ  •  Login

General Rage

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:03 pm

General Rage

As many of you know, I work in a vet office. I try to be as understanding as possible in most situations, but sometimes people ask something that is just a level of dumb that makes me want to bang my head against the desk.

My two most recent examples are from yesterday.

The first one is when one of our clients called up to ask how much declawing a cat costs. We're very much a clinic that refuses to do anything non-medically necessary or for the sake of convenience. Declawing, for those of you who don't know, is essentially amputation of the first joint in a cat's 'fingers'. I explained this to the man, and told him about some alternatives that exist. His response was asking me for a place that will declaw. I told him that, since we don't do declawing and consider it a convenience that we wouldn't know of anyone who does it. Then he called back about surrendering the cat. Granted, I don't know the entire situation. The part that bugs me is that he was persistent about wanting to declaw the cat after I explained to him what it is.

The second example was a phone call I received at 5:28 last night. We close at 5:30, but I have to answer the phones until the clock hits that time. The guy who was calling was asking about his dog having a potential allergic reaction. He said that his daughter had contacted him to tell him that their dog's face was swollen. I asked if the dog was having trouble breathing and he said that the dog wasn't. I asked if the eyes were swollen shut, but apparently he only got a brief overview from his daughter and didn't have the dog so he didn't know. I explained to him that we were technically closed and recommended that he go to an emergency vet. He said that they were planning his father's 74th birthday and bringing his dog to the emergency vet would really throw a wrench in it. All I could think is what would happen if his dog was having a reaction that led to shock and death so that he could plan a birthday party.

I don't know, maybe I'm too picky and cynical, but some of the stuff I see and hear just gets under my skin. I needed to get the RAGE out.
SuperHeroGirl: Always the exception. ALWAYS.
Wins on LPW prior to post count change: 5
Current wins on LPW: 6

<<

Mi Cara Es Su Cara

Occasional Poster

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Re: General Rage

People don't care about animals enough :/ THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO D:< Whenever I hear stories of animal abuse, I just think about how badly I would beat someone that hurt animals for no good reason. I mean I saw that link of the cat being lowered into the bathtub and drowned, and that almost made me cry to think someone would do that.

Then again these examples here are MUCH less extreme. I mean at least these people aren't doing stuff like that. Honestly if I walked into someones house and saw they were hurting animals, It would be VERY hard for me to resist killing them. At least these people show SOME concern by calling though.
I just had sex. YOU JELLY BRO??!?!?!?!?!?!?
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 am

Re: General Rage

ASSHOLES LEFT THE LOCK ON MY BLU-RAY CASE CLOSED. I WANT TO WATCH WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 DAMN IT.
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

Return to Ranting