FAQ  •  Login

Tod's Tirade (and other angry letters to the Admins + SHG)

<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Tod's Tirade (and other angry letters to the Admins + SHG)

Oh god, so much laughter! A first! Banned from chat!

You knew that wasn't the right thing to do, Azog. If you wanted to continue the conversation without me, you should have moved it to the mod board. Because frankly, I'm pissed.

But not all is lost! My god, I haven't felt this since middle school, since the constant hounding by religious fucknuts. I must sincerely thank you, dear Azog, for reminding me that the cynic in me is very much alive and active. Oh, this is amazing!

And you will most likely edit this, if not outright delete it. But no problem. If my voice cannot be heard expressing my opinions, then what point is there anyway. If the first amendment cannot be used, then tyranny truly has won.

Not to say you're a tyrant, though. I'm sure I was disruptive and I took down chat completely with my banter. Cryipto looked upon me and quaked at the scene I caused, wishing he could do the same. ghghghgh saw the flames of my demise and wondered how he could not attain those heights. Satan himself grew green with envy at my antics. No, I'm sure I deserved that punishment, but that in no way makes it "right."

However, this isn't the time and place for a lively chat on the definitions of "right" and "wrong," is it? No, this is the thread to vent yourself, so you don't "drag the entire chatbox down." So I probably must stick to the curricula, shouldn't I?

I'm pissed. That is all. Pissed and laughing.

Non-Edit: Came back to chat, tried to calm down, got threatened with another ban. Seriously guys, if you know of any way I can vent anger at 11:00 pm without tearing apart my dorm, then I'd be glad to hear it. In any case, I'm still royally pissed. So I'm going to add an amendment. If any word of this gets touched, you all will never hear the end of it. This tirade stays up. Also, I'm giving it it's own thread in the Rage board. No, it will not be touched. End of story.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Tod's Tirade (and other angry letters to the Admins)

This probably should have been a PM, and written in a way that doesn't appear as just a rant.
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Re: Tod's Tirade (and other angry letters to the Admins)

if you know of any way I can vent anger at 11:00 pm without tearing apart my dorm, then I'd be glad to hear it.

This very thread. This is where you can rant.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Tod's Tirade (and other angry letters to the Admins + SH

I did edit your post, the title, because, let's be fair here, if you're going to be pissed at the higher-ups might as well be all of us and not just the admins. I was, after all, a part of the decision-making process. Nothing of your post was touched though, just the title.
SuperHeroGirl: Always the exception. ALWAYS.
Wins on LPW prior to post count change: 5
Current wins on LPW: 6

<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:07 am

Deimos: But this is a rant. And I could've done a PM, but frankly I think it wouldn't have had the same impact. This isn't an angry letter, this is me walking outside and screaming at a crowd. Public, not private.

Azog: I meant aside from this board, because that second ban came after this was written. So obviously writing this didn't vent enough. Venting everything on IP would deteriorate everything far beyond the levels I keep at. I can be loud, obnoxious, and offensive, but I don't want to go into namecalling or any other blatantly derogatory actions. I try my best to keep as civil as humanly possible, even if I'm screaming. That's not to say I was anywhere close to being civil when I wrote this, but it could have been a lot worse.

SHG: I guess that's acceptable. So long as the post isn't touched and the title retains it's message, then I think I'll be happy.

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

MesserTod wrote:Azog: I meant aside from this board, because that second ban came after this was written. So obviously writing this didn't vent enough. Venting everything on IP would deteriorate everything far beyond the levels I keep at. I can be loud, obnoxious, and offensive, but I don't want to go into namecalling or any other blatantly derogatory actions. I try my best to keep as civil as humanly possible, even if I'm screaming. That's not to say I was anywhere close to being civil when I wrote this, but it could have been a lot worse.

You were not banned a second time, you were warned by Xicon. Also, because we were in the midst of deciding what to do in regards to the Rule we were discussing, we were not looking at everything posted in the forums.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

Tod, I really think you need to calm down. The debate/argument/whatever you want to call it last night got really heated and absolutely nobody was in the right. You were being a bit disruptive, and you are continuing to do so.

If there are things you want to talk about, or just want to vent, I'd be glad to talk to you in PM, or on the forum. Send me a message if you want. Regardless, your threats are overkill and they need to stop.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:59 am

Am I being threatening? I'm under the impression that I'm just defending my tirade here. Also, I made this thread so I can be disruptive without doing so in chat, I thought that was what the Rage board was for. That way I can try to off the anger in a relatively civilized way. And I really am trying to calm down.

And yeah, there wasn't a second ban, that was worded rather poorly. I meant the warning. Obviously writing this didn't help enough, and I'd rather not vent EVERYTHING in one place, because that could get rather uncontrollable, and even more uncivilized that it already is.

11037 never forget.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Tod's Tirade (and other angry letters to whoever)

Tirade Part 2

Okay, I don't know what it is, but Mari and I apparently can't get along. At all. I'm my asshole self, as seen above, and Mari just says all the wrong things in all the wrong ways. First it was calling me a serial killer and then brushing off the research I've done on Anne Boleyn. It's no longer even bad arguing, it's just blatant hypocrisy at this point.

I'm going to go through this logically. First of all, Mari can call me a serial killer for my thoughts on most women, which were brought about by various bad experiences (Mari included). However, I cannot say anything bad about her without being labeled as a misogynist, bigot, or sexist. There are two explanations for this.

1) There is a double standard that lets Mari hate on me, but not vice versa. This lets her keep her integrity, as she isn't technically being a hypocrite, she's just fighting for that double standard. However, this also creates a hostile environment for me whenever she's in chat because I can't do anything to retaliate when I'm attacked.

2) There is no double standard, and Mari is just hating me for being a white male. This goes against her general fight for equality, and thus she becomes a hypocrite and a bigot for discriminating against a particular party.

Now the second gripe requires a bit of context. The argument stemmed off of a discussion about Anne Boleyn. Mari said that she had done her research, and was bashing public schools for painting her as a whore when she was in reality the mastermind behind the split between England and Rome. I replied that that was untrue, as it was mainly Henry VIII that caused the split. When Mari told me to shut up because I don't know what I'm talking about, I replied that I had actually done the research, too, since my family is a descendant of Anne's. This was brushed off as if it wasn't applicable, and so I stormed out again.

Now what happened there was exactly what happened. There were no double standards or "possibly this, possibly that," the research I had done was simply ignored along with my other statements. So this will be addressed thus:

My Grandmother is a member of the Copeland family, with ties to other families, including the Kayes and the Dorans. The Copelands in particular are memorable in that they had a member aboard the Mayflower, John Alden (d. Ruth Alden Bass [d. Mary Bass Copeland]). The Copeland family is also one of many families with ties to royalty. In particular, the Copelands can trace their ancestry back to an Anne Boleyn, who was in fact the first cousin of THE Anne Boleyn. So to clarify, the Copelands go back to a cousin of the famous Anne Boleyn, who shared a grandmother and/or grandfather with the once Queen of England.

Now. I learned this a while ago, back when I was going through middle school if I recall. So it stands to reason that I would pay special attention to that time period, in particular to the antics of Henry VIII. I've read about Anne Boleyn, I've researched my ties to her, and I've done reports on her. So in short, I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Further, I'm incredibly tired of this kind of shit happening. Mari, for the last time, you are not allowed to belittle me because of who I am. It's incredibly infuriating and it's not helping me view you, your causes, or the female gender in any sort of positive light at all. And before you call me a bigot, let me make you aware that these views are based on the actions, words, and backstabbery of you, my bitch of an ex, and my brother's bitch of a girlfriend. You have no room to speak against what you helped create.

Now. Here is where I apologize to the rest of the community for not only putting this up here, but also bumping a thread that probably shouldn't be bumped. However, past experience has dictated that pms are not effective at doing anything but slowing down the argument. So I'm going to air my dirty laundry yet again, and put this out for all to see. Same rules apply to this post as applied to the last post, no editing or deleting of any sort is to be done by Admins or Mods. This is my place to air my shit, and I feel that it needs to be aired now. Thank you, and have a nice day.

11037 never forget.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:28 pm

So this is ban #2 I suppose? The first one to feature the main chat, putting me alongside Deimos and Cryipto as a full-fledged criminal in Interplosion.

I suppose it would be redundant to say that this is less than pleasing to me.

I get a full 48 hour ban, no warnings, no forum usage, no ability to contact Admins or Mods, and no explanation beyond the message I get from trying to log back in. Now that I can see the little mod thread, I can get a bit of a fuller picture of what the fuck happened, but I still don't understand why I got a ban out of the fucking blue without warning HOURS after the thing happened and everybody stopped caring about it.

Did I get banned for calling her bad names? After she called me a serial killer and got off without so much as a slap on the wrist? Or was it because I blew up at her the instant she walked into the chat, rather than waiting until she settled in like a polite young man?

There was nobody in the chat but her and me. There was nobody caught in the crossfire, no innocent bystanders were hurt, no conversations were halted or derailed by the explosion. No damage was done to the chat.

Oh, and speaking of which, I still seem to be locked out of chat. You can probably guess what oodles of fun this is for me, after waiting for two days to be able to talk to friends again only to be stopped by a chatbox that doesn't want me in.

I hope you didn't miss me too much.

11037 never forget.

Return to Ranting