FAQ  •  Login

Dealing With Chat Trolls

<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 am

Dealing With Chat Trolls

So, as some of you know, there recently was an incident with a troll in the chat. Because of this incident, I wish to address the Interplosion community as a whole with how to properly deal with them. While I understand that trolls can be infuriating, I ask that you resist the temptation to post with sarcasm and to attempt to counter the trolls with nonsense. If dealing with a troll, just let the Mods/Admins deal with it, especially if there are a lot of you in the chat. Continuously posting with taunts and insults does not help the situation and could result in whatever Admins/Mods that are present to be drowned out in the sea of babbling gibberish.

While I understand that you wish to help the community by trying to get the troll to leave or to make them slip or what have you, most of the time it will do nothing but the opposite. Trolls want you to react, so having the whole chat explode with people screaming in caps, or sarcastically posting things that seem to support the trolls arguments is going to have them continue.

In the future should we have trolls, please just let the Mods/Admins address the issue.

Thank you.
-Azog
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 am

Re: Dealing With Chat Trolls

Why did you sign your post?
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:43 am

It felt.... right
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 am

Well I guess it seems right

So thanks?
-Riovas
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 am

Very funny. But I am going to say that we stop this Tom(Tim)-foolery so that way the thread actually informs people instead of degrading to people posting and signing it with either their name or someone else's.
<<

ThePeople'sChamp

I'm Still Here

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:21 am

What did I do? (If this was directed at me please explain)
Last post wins count: 4
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 am

You did nothing, this was someone else.
<<

InHABITED

Land Shark

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Return to General Information