FAQ  •  Login

Religion

<<

SuperHeroGirl

Super Detective

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Religion

Nah, you're probably right Tod.
SuperHeroGirl: Always the exception. ALWAYS.
Wins on LPW prior to post count change: 5
Current wins on LPW: 6

<<

InHABITED

Land Shark

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:41 am

Last edited by InHABITED on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AzogAzaxAzazel

Admineralissimo

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I was, in fact, making a joke.
All I can remember after I closed my eyes, was that first, it got real loud; then, it got real hot; then it got real slimy; then it got quiet; then it got.... unspeakable. And when I opened my eyes, the pool was empty, and three days had passed.
<<

dumbalias

Fresh Off The Boat

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 am

I'm an atheist, because there could be many other possibilities than a single, all-knowing entity in the universe that created everything. It's more likely that we evolved from primates than having someone create us in the way that we are. Also, if god was real and the bible really is the perfect word, of god, god can't even tell when he's contradicting himself which would make god not perfect, which would pretty much refute the whole idea of Christianity in a single sentence. God is a single possibility in about an infinite amount of other ways that could explain why we are here today, and I don't think we should focus on it without actually seeing this entity act upon us. If we can believe in the statement "not guilty until proven in the court of law" we should not believe in a higher being that controls everything, because we have never seen proof of this, we've only seen the 2,000-6,000 year old books that convince people of this.

Sorry if I misspelled anything, I'm at school and I had to zoom out in the browser a bit.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Khonshu
Captain of the Interplosion Night Watch/Hate Guard. First to be banned.

Glorious victories in LPW thread: 15 and one as Pravado

<<

The Slender Man

Dragon Man

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 am

I'm a Roman Catholic, with a friend who's a Jehovah's Witness, another who's an atheist, and another who's a Satanist. (That's about all the friends I have.)
What bothers me about many atheists is not that they're atheists, that's fine. it's that they often enjoy shoving down our throats that they do not believe in a God and that religion is bullshit (you're bullshit!). I'm looking at you, Seth McFarlane.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Wait, LaVeyan Satanist, or gothic Satanist?
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

I posted this in the chat a while ago, but I figured I should put this here too.

Recently, I've been going to a Christian youth group, because my friend goes and they do a lot of fun stuff besides the regular church thing. I've actually had a pretty good time there, except for the religious teaching parts.

Out of the religious stuff they've taught, there's one thing I can't get over: If there is an all loving God out there who gave us free will to believe in him or not, how can Christians say that people who don't believe will not be accepted into Heaven? How is it that a God who loves all of his creations will not allow his creations into Heaven because they used the free will that he granted them to not believe in him?

That idea goes even further to say - how can Hell even exist? Even for larger sins, God supposedly still loves you, right? How could he send you to an eternal punishment with no way to ever go back and try again, or no chance to ever make up for what you had done?

And of course the general question of why homosexuality is an instant ticket to Hell.

Faith is one thing, religion is another. Organized religions tend to be bad in my opinion.
<<

MesserTod

Space Police

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:48 pm

This is why I adore LaVeyan Satanists. All of the good stuff in religion, none of the weird contradictions.
LPW Thread Wins: 23

Ranked #1 in forum posts, the only Veteran of the Great War. I am Interplosion's Tharol, I am your god

11037 never forget.
<<

Dawnkitty7

lodsofeposts

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Rando, your post pretty much echoes my exact sentiments and general confusion on Christianity and its teachings.
CHEEZBURGERS
<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Tod: LaVeyan Satanism isn't really a religion though.

Religion exists because you believe in something like a god. The problem is, organized religions often corrupt the original belief so much that it's more like a violent cult than people sharing a common belief.
Laveyan Satanism is more like a way of life than a religion.

Faith is entirely different from religion and I think that people who want to believe, or even people who already believe in God would greatly benefit from believing as much or as little as they want instead of conforming to an organized religion - that twists the message of faith to serve their own purposes.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I think Rando's correct. I consider myself more or less an independent christian.

<<

Randoman

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:14 pm

I didn't know you were religious, Deimos.
<<

Deimos

God of Fear

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Well I don't attend church or stuff like that but I do have faith

Previous

Return to Debate